Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why does Michael Jackson never win a race?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

Will someone please put this thread to sleep!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

at the end of the day this isnt a democracy, its a dictatorship and if you dont like the rules go away. i for one am glad this has been stamped on, while we all enjoy MJ jokes haha very funny, how would you feel after reading it if you were the victim of sexual abuse as a child?

good going bio, keep up the good work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Jesus1222

So you laugh in private but not in public?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Velvet Vocals

Well I missed out on the joke, but after reading all the fuss I now really want to know what it was!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Renton

BioHazRd wrote:
    a different mod got to that one before I did. Any pleas of favouritism shall now be dismissed - Gilgamesh banned too

Bio
    bit cheap imo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 whacko-jacko

Well I missed out on the joke, but after reading all the fuss I now really want to know what it was!!!

Google the subject line

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,079 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

jaggeh wrote:
    how would you feel after reading it if you were the victim of sexual abuse as a child?
    That argument is void. If that logic was valid then most of the jokes here would be banned e.g. most of us here are probably Catholics so the Pope jokes or jesus LOL jokes *should* be offensive to us and therefore banned. But the fact is we're not offended (speaking generally of course), for the simple reason that jokes are abstract from reality and most of us have enogh cop-on to realise this and not take offense. The fact is that this kind of humour is not meant to be taken literally, and if it were then probably 75% of the humour on this board would end up offending *somebody*. So should we start deleting every thread here that *somebody* might be offended by??????

On a sidenote, I don't really see the point in banning somebody, as has been already demonstrated here it's pretty useless!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭BioHazRd

Whacko-Jacko banned (or should I say, another incarnation of EricM)

Bio

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭Eoghan-psych

I notice that the "Bunny Suicides" are regarded as suitable material for humour.

Why is suicide and animal abuse acceptable when MJ is not?

BioHazRd wrote:
    Whacko-Jacko banned (or should I say, another incarnation of EricM)

Bio

This is a joke right? Could be the same IP, could be the same person, but you ban accounts not people. BioHazrd, youre abusing your position by banning somebody based on a personal vendetta.

• Advertisement

I thought this was the humour forum... Maybe time to get rid of this thread?

Get rid of it? Move it to another board if its really necessary.

God, this is precisely why I cant stand boards.ie. *leaves*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

Papa Smut wrote:
    I thought this was the humour forum... Maybe time to get rid of this thread?
    My sentiment exactly, if Bio was any bit of a good Mod he/she would have closed this thread long ago. As a Mod myself, or at least a Hmod anyway, I think this childish behaviour from the Mod, banning people for voicing their opinion etc is silly, childish nonsense, and dismissing the individual of being of moderator material.

Going a a big power trip gets you nowhere, believe me I know.
    I say remove BioHazard as mod of this forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,079 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

memphis wrote:
    I say remove BioHazard as mod of this forum.
    I second that. He's like a kid with a magnifying glass on a hot day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭Eoghan-psych

I'll third it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

Will send this link to the Feddback forum.

See what Admins have to say on the matter.

Bio is going around banning people cos they disagree with him/her. Come on, get off your high horse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭BioHazRd

If anyone here has a problem with my moderating take it to Feedback. Im locking this thread now as it is turning into a spamfest. I had originally left it open as there were some salient points being discussed about the suitability of the material posted.

Bio

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Jesus1222 wrote:
    This is a joke right? Could be the same IP, could be the same person, but you ban accounts not people. BioHazrd, youre abusing your position by banning somebody based on a personal vendetta.

No, we ban people not accounts. Signing up or using a second account, particularly to circumvent a ban, is instant ban. This rule is indentical on every forum. Whether the new account has posted or not is irrelevant.

**** sake people. The Charter is not an inexhaustable list of the possible jokes that will get you banned. Failing to use common sense before posting a joke is a bannable offence. Put up with it.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Jesus1222 wrote:
    Get rid of it? Move it to another board if its really necessary.

God, this is precisely why I cant stand boards.ie. *leaves*

Ok. Bye. /waves

There IS no algorithm for the line between comedy and offence. Its subjective. So we, the admins, trust to Bio to make that judgement. We authorise him to police and remove content from here. When you think "who makes that judgement" the answer is "Bio and Kharn".

If you cant live with their decisions then this isnt the board for you. Go to USENET or P45 or anywhere you like really, I dont much care. Sorry to be blunt but I dont like all the (ironically) PC tiptoeing about and not just coming out and saying "look, Bio makes the call...live with it".

DeV.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement