Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Fitz last night

Options
  • 15-04-2005 9:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭

So how did it go then?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

I think i played a bit too tight last night, was forced all-in by the blinds with K, 10 was up against K,7 and AK (both all-in).
    AK held up and two of us went out. There were 11left once the two of us went out.

If I had won that hand I probably would have made the final table.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭Hitman Actual

I played in it for the first time in over a year (I'm on a quest to get as much credit for the festival as possible), and it appeared to be a huge turn-out... 120 or so, but maybe this is the norm these days?

After a serious grind all night with a mid/low stack I made it to the final table. Prize fund was 1890 after takings for the house. The original deal was first four get tickets for the 385 game, and places five to nine get 70euro back. When we got down to the last five there were two clear big stacks, two medium stacks (myself included) and one (fairly) low stack, so we changed the deal to 385euro each for the big stacks, 300euro for the medium stacks and 200euro for the small stack.

I only knew one other guy at the final table (Brian from Laois, a Friday regular); there were two younger lads who looked familiar and an older guy I've never seen before (incidently this guy played a great final table, coming back from a few chips to be joint chip-leader).

Off-topic: I spent a good part of the night dealing as well as playing... I'm wrecked ffs! My back is killing me, my fingerprints have worn off from riffling the deck (it's like I dipped them in acid), I missed all the food at the break 'cos I was sorting out the chip race... respect to you guys who can do it for hours on end every night, it's not as easy as it sometimes looks! smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

Freerolled last night for the first time since October, couldn't get to grips with the play at all and went to a few revuys trying to figure why people were doing what they were doing! Doubled up before the break when my JJ all in was called (all in) by J2. First hand after the break I deal myself QQ in the SB, give the BB KK and UTG AA! KK takes it of course! So it appears that **I'M** rigged. I went to my doctor about it and he diagnosed that my random number generating software when dealing in a freeroll was corrupted by the fact that regular freerollers HAVE to win and blowins like myself cant. So thats sorted. Made a handsome profit in the cash game later that'll more than cover my entry into the 270 and 350 so its not all bad I suppose!

Juan Pablo wrote:
    First hand after the break I deal myself QQ in the SB, give the BB KK and UTG AA! KK takes it of course! So it appears that **I'M** rigged.

Yeah, I dealt a crazy hand as well: AA, KK (to myself), JJ and 55... 4 all-ins and the Aces hold up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

I didnt win a ticket last night so my big freerolling spree comes to an end! Worked my way up to about 20,000 had A J flop came A 4 7 rainbow, i raise he goes all in I call turns over A K. Im out. I know I played the hand wrong but I wasn't really in the mood for playing. Anyway Ive been getting pretty greedy in the freerolls lately. I might give it a miss next week...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

Yes Rory,

I ventured to Fitz last night.

I was on your table at start of night, and you moved on then.

Around 11pm or so, I was motoring nicely, small blind with A3 clubs, one limper (American guy) who was calling everything, one of the SuitedAces crew (Devore Maybe?) was in BB.

I just called as I figured American Guy wouldn't fold anyway, just wanted a cheap flop (which in hindsight may have been mistake, what you think?).

Flop came 6 7 8 clubs .... happy days methinks. American guy raises, I call, BB calls. Hmmm, I put American guy on Ax, probably paired the kicker, and BB on either flush draw, or 2 pair, as it had been unraised preflop.

Turn is a A Hearts... Very happy days, as I knew American guy would bet this ... he did quite heavy, I just called again, as did BB.

River is a 2 spades , American guys bets heavy, I call, but so does BB.

American Guy has two pair A6 I think, I have Ace High Flush .... BB Straight Flush with 4 5 clubs ...big damage done to chips, it was a nice pot.

Won small pot after that with 99, (was that another boardster who was all-in with J8?) and then went out 10 mins later, with early limper, I was on button with AQs, needed blinds, so raised 3*BB, blinds fold, but limper goes all-in. The call preflop pointed me towards 10 10 or JJ maybe, half my chips were committed, so thought AQ had a 50/50 chance so called...no good, he turns over AA ...bye bye

Enjoyable though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭accensi0n

hey lenny, cheers for dealing the final table even though I was only there for a little bit. I was seat 2.

I watched the final table until the end while I was waiting for a S n' G to start and it was pretty clear you were pretty worn out. :) Good look in the big game if you play, I'll be playing the 100 1 rebuy/top-up game.

Thanks a million, good luck in the 100 game to you too. Were you the guy with the A2s in the very first hand at the final table when I picked up QQ? We were at the same table for a while earlier on and I thought you were playing a really good game, so hard luck at the final table.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Flop came 6 7 8 clubs ....

I dream of a flopped straight flush....mmmm.......flopped... straight ..flush....aggglllgghhh..mmm

I was thinking about it for quite a while myself last night ... was doing very nicely until that.

• Advertisement

Were any of ye guys at table 2 when there were only 2 tables left? I'm trying to put names to faces here.

Nope, I was gone around 11.30pm, was on table 1 all night

ah ok, I was table 6 for most of the night, then got moved to table 3, then table 2.
    I think i played OK considering the cards i got, but maybe i should have gambled when the blinds started making a dent on my stack.
    Then again if i had done so and lost, I'd be saying today that i should have continued playing tight and held out for something better.

I think i'll play some online tournaments this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭accensi0n

Thanks a million, good luck in the 100 game to you too. Were you the guy with the A2s in the very first hand at the final table when I picked up QQ? We were at the same table for a while earlier on and I thought you were playing a really good game, so hard luck at the final table.

Thanks. Yeah had 17 grand with blinds of 2000/4000 and drew seat 2 which sucked. Its unbelievable how many people were playing last night.
    Now I have to make up an excuse as to why I can't work Monday in 2 weeks.
    :)

podgeen wrote:
    Were any of ye guys at table 2 when there were only 2 tables left? I'm trying to put names to faces here.

If thats the table closest to the upstairs toilets, then I was there, seat 8 (two to your left I thought). And as regards you playing too tight, I remember you making bits of my big blind on more than one occasion! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Doc Farrell

Culchie wrote:
    American Guy has two pair A6 I think, I have Ace High Flush .... BB Straight Flush with 4 5 clubs ...big damage done to chips, it was a nice pot.

Won small pot after that with 99, (was that another boardster who was all-in with J8?) and then went out 10 mins later, with early limper, I was on button with AQs, needed blinds, so raised 3*BB, blinds fold, but limper goes all-in. The call preflop pointed me towards 10 10 or JJ maybe, half my chips were committed, so thought AQ had a 50/50 chance so called...no good, he turns over AA ...bye bye

Enjoyable though

You did well considering it was a tough fun table. Devore was the guy who hit the straight flush on the flop. And slow played the aces. And still managed to lose all his chips. I was the dealer and the mighty BIG DRAGON was to my right.
    It's a helluva tough freeroll. Knocked out again in 14th, beautiful, makes it about 16 freerolls without a ticket. Think I'll call it a day on them. But if any readers made it to the last two tables then theres no reason you can't get in the money in any other tourney held in there.
    Cheers, D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Shortstack

You did well considering it was a tough fun table. Devore was the guy who hit the straight flush on the flop. And slow played the aces. And still managed to lose all his chips.
    Cheers, D.

No change there then :D

Completed a nice freeroll double last night by sharing first and picking up a ticket for the 385 game... happy days!

One thing I've noticed is that the newbies making the final table of the freerolls haven't a clue how to play it out. They constantly get into stupid confrontations with the big stacks, or leak away their chips with dodgy calls, turning themselves into the short stacks. I was small stack when down to six last night and all but out, but crazy play by the noobs meant that I kept sneaking up the ladder. Well, cant complain....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

lenny, that's €685 poker fest credit in less than a week, right? Well done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

Culchie wrote:
    River is a 2 spades , American guys bets heavy, I call, but so does BB.

You flat called with the Nuts on the river?

• Advertisement

As it turned out it wasn't the nuts, there was a straight flush waiting for me.

I thought I had a better chance of getting Devore on my left to also call the large bet by the guy on my right, and suck nmore chips in, rather than re-raise all in (wasn't much more to go anyway).

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I did have the straight flush but I remember things a little differently :)
    You did most of the betting with a bloke in between us afair, I was happy with that until the river when you check, yer man checks and I put in a carefully weighted 2K bet which both of you called. I had 67c and the flop was 8,9,10 of clubs. I dont think I could have gotten much more out of the hand tbh and pretty much tripled through. It was an ugly hand for you as I was pretty sure you had the nut flush but I only had 3.5K left on the river and figured I'd only get one caller of an all-in (possibly no caller!) but that both would probably called 2K or less...
    Hard luck, but as Des pointed out I got unlucky later on too :(

DeV.

I was the guy in between.

The American guy on my right was doing the betting to my right (he turned over 2 pair), I had the Ace High flush, you had the straight flush.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Ah yes, was getting the nationalities mixed up.... I was surprised at people saying "why didnt you go all in on the river" when I clearly had made more by getting two smaller calls then one (or no) big call. I suppose I might have gotten 2 big calls but to be honest, I didnt think that both of you would call.

DeV.

Yep, you played it beautifully.

Thanks Ionapaul... I was going to play most of the games anyway but this is a huge bonus. And, believe me, there was very little skill involved in picking up the credits, just a case of grinding it out and letting the inexperienced players slaughter each other at the final table!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

I went in for some cash play last night, played a sit n go to start came 4th after being rivered.

Hit the cash games, standard on my table was mixed, some loose raising pre-flop followed by check, check easy to pot steal.

went home up 120.

One memorable hand... Come the turn I had the nut flush/straight draw and called a 15 value bet.

Caught the straight with 3 players, we all went in, of course three of us had the nuts.

Well...the excitement of the hand was fun.

Advertisement