Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 6230 musicplayer

Options
  • 15-04-2005 10:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi all, I've been lurking round here a while and thanks a mil to everyone who told me about the joys of the 1gb memory card!
    I'm a bit lost with the whole playlist thing though, can someone tell me in easy steps what I have to do, be it get a better musicplayer or if I have to upgrade the operating system or whatever... or if all I have to do is make playlists, what's the handiest way to do it?
    Cheers all!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Try this guide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 hairycol

Cheers for that, Robert, I'll give it a go this evening.

Colin

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

what about transfering mp3 that are stored on your computer to the 6230 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Sarge wrote:
    what about transfering mp3 that are stored on your computer to the 6230 ?
    Transfer them with a card reader (fast) or by Bluetooth/Cable (slow)...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Transfer them with a card reader (fast) or by Bluetooth/Cable (slow)...

can you just be a wee bit more specific thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

CARD READER:
    If you buy a card reader, you plug it into your pc, take your mmc out of your phone, put it into the reader and transfer music, videos, pics etc onto it. It comes up as a hard driveso you can just drag and drop them in.

BLUETOOTH:
    Get your Bluetooth dongle ( http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=304593&cks=SER ) Install onto your pc.. Set up your phone as a device and you're ready to go. Go to whatever files you want, right click and click send to>bluetooth>device name. Then accept on your phone. You might want to consider getting some third party software programs such as 'Fexplorer' to sort out your files once they're on your phone, because you can send your messages onto your pc aswell as your contacts etc.

I think Bluetooth is much easier than a card reader because you don't have to take your phone apart to use it. Also, you can be walking around the house and transfer files to a fro.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

you make the bluetooth one sound so complicated
    once you have all that done you can view all your stuff on the nokia pc suite so its well worth getting and its usually 22kbps so all things go really fast
    but not as fast as a card reader i must admit which is instant but you dont have to even touch your phone with the bluetooth thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭D_Money5042000

Hi I'm in the U.S. and I would like to know where i should go to update my firmware it's currently version 04.43 and i bought a 512 mb mmc card from ebay that should arrive tomorrow so do i need to update the firmware to use that mmc card or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

Hi,

The MMC card you bought should work with the current firmware, but if possible I would have the phone updated as lots of problems have been fixed in the latest firmware. Plus it's free if your Nokia 6230 is less than 1 year old.

For support in the U.S. try this link from the Nokia USA web site...

http://www.nokiausa.com/support/repair/main/1,2846,,00.html

- Neil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭D_Money5042000

At the cingular store they also told me that you void your warranty if you update the firmware. is that true?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

I wouldn't say so.. If you do it by a certified Nokia dealer..

Advertisement