Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tonight's and tomorrow's eircom League Action

• 15-04-2005 10:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

Friday 15th
    Bohemians v Cork City
    Drogheda United v Shamrock Rovers
    U.C.D. v Waterford United
    Shelbourne v St. Patrick’s Athletic

Saturday 16th
    Longford Town v Bray Wanderers
    Finn Harps v Derry City

I'm expecting Cork to beat Bohs, but there could be an upset, if Bohs can find a decent striker in the next few hours, other than that, Cork to win.

Drogs should beat Rovers.

Waterford should beat UCD, but College have had a decent enough start, with draws with Shels and Cork, so maybe another draw here.

Shels will beat Pat's.

Longford have had a shocking start to the league campaign, and Bray are doing well, I'll go for Bray by the odd goal.

Nice juicy derby game in the Northwest, of which I think Derry will come out on top.

For anyone interested, once again there will be Live Updates on the Shelbourne Website of the Dublin Derby game between Shels and St Pats

www.shelbournefc.ie

They will be in better order than they were the last time I told you all about them, I promise :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Theres a few U21's matches aswell I think, the only one I'm sure of is Bray - Shels. 1130AM, Carlisle Grounds.

Three points tonight will be nice! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

The Bray - Shels U21 game will feature the return of Joey Ndo too

Harps Derry is a bit nice, I fancy Harps to get a result there, they will be so fired up for it.

In Tolka, hard to know what to expect. What Shels team will come out? Crawley will start, so fans at the northwest derby will be able to follow the majority of the play. I'd stick with Ryan on the right but think Fenlon will play Baker, how Baker only got a one match ban for giving someone a slap is beyond me, he should eb given a long spell on the sidelines by us for it. Wes, Crawford and Byrne will make up the rest of the mid field, though I'd rather see Wes or someone more attacking in central mid field but we wont see that until Ndo comes back.

I fancy Crowe and Byrne to have good games tonight, they're getting better as a partnership imo and the signs were there against Waterford at times, though Jayo had to play on the right for most of that match. Pats haven't beaten us in many a year, so you could argue they are simply due a win, they have to beat us eventually. We'll save that for the league cup though, c'mon the Shels!

Thinking of making the trip down to Bray tomorrow too. Prob be worth watching, just waiting to find out if I've family between the Bray posts to clinch it. Lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Bohemians 1 v 2 Cork City
    Drogheda United 2 v 0 Shamrock Rovers
    U.C.D. 0 v 1 Waterford United
    Shelbourne 1 v 1 St. Patrick’s Athletic
    Longford Town 3 v 1 Bray Wanderers
    Finn Harps 0 v 3 Derry City

Woner how lomg it will take the Bohs 'fans' to start "Farrelly Out"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

a win and we go top :) great ! 2-0 for us (shels)

• Advertisement

^^^ .....and If Waterford win they will, and if City win and Waterford lose, City go top, and if Bray win and City and Shels and Waterford lose, they do.

No Glen Crowe for Shels tonight. Not even on the bench!!!!

3-1 Win for Shels:)
    31' [1 - 0] O'Neill
    45' [2 - 1] W. Houlihan
    69' [3 - 1] S. Byrne :D:D

Too easy, poor old Pats.

Great preformance from Shels, and I'd pay money just to watch Wes when he's in that kind of form. Jayos worst miss of all time contender was worth the entrance fee alone too!

Yea, was an hillarious miss!

Gary O'Neill deserves a mention, absolutely fantastic!!

O'Neill was second only to Wes in the MOTM stakes, excellent game from him, Crowe sill struggle to get his place back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Great game would have looked well on tv, we were in it for all of 44 minutes :(

Soon as 2nd one went in it was over, 2nd half we got shat on and then it got nice and tasty late on when hawkins got sent off for Pats (aertel said he played for Pats :confused: ).

I was behind the goal when Jason missed, was even worse up close.

But i had my moment was mooching towards the bar and behind the goal with the rent-a-crowd in it when Pats scored, made my night :d

kdjac

KdjaC wrote:
    Great game would have looked well on tv

I was thinking that, after two woeful games for the TV it's a shame that a match like that one went without being shown. Would have come across superbly well on the TV.

SATURDAY APRIL 16
    EIRCOM LEAGUE PREMIER DIVISION

Longford Town 2-1 Bray Wdrs RES
    Baker 53 Lynch 12
    O'Connor 82

Finn Harps 0-2 Derry City RES
    Farren 39
    A Murphy pen 45

EIRCOM LEAGUE FIRST DIVISION
    Kildare County 1-0 Athlone Town RES
    Cooney 53

Cobh Ramblers 1-1 Sligo Rovers RES
    Carey 29 Hayes og 23

Pity for Bray to go down to a late goal, they've certainly made a fantastic start thus far though. Another win for Derry, they've not conceeded a goal yet!
    EIRCOM LEAGUE PREMIER DIVISION         
                   P   W   D   L   F   A Pts
     Derry City    5   4   1   0   6   0  13
     Shelbourne    5   3   2   0   7   2  11
     Cork City     5   3   2   0   6   1  11
     Waterford U   5   3   0   2   6   4   9
     Bray Wands    5   2   2   1   7   6   8
     Drogheda U    5   2   2   1   7   6   8
     Longford Tn   5   2   0   3   5   5   6
     St Pat's      5   1   2   2   5   6   5
     UCD           5   1   2   2   2   4   5
     Shamrock      5   0   2   3   3   8   2
     Bohemians     5   0   2   3   1   6   2
     Finn Harps    5   0   1   4   2   9   1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭shelsfan

The Bray - Shels U21 game will feature the return of Joey Ndo too

Played about 70 minutes of the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭kano476

typical waterford, playing great one game and crap the next. we should have beaten u.c.d

shelsfan wrote:
    Played about 70 minutes of the game.

What was the final score?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Cork City are now unbeaten in 18 games.

Kevin Doyle said "I can't remember the last time we lost to be honest" :D

Things are already taking shape with Cork and Shels at the top. Derry are interesting. 33/1 at the start of the season they have made an excellent start. Whether their squad is good enough over the season is not proven yet.

Last time City lost Bohs in September, and we all thought the team was falling asunder. Then they go on this run? Brilliant.

What a start from Derry, and they have yet to concede a single goal. Looks like Bohs loss is Derrys gain :p

A great start for Derry alright, and zero goals conceded too ! I dont know if they have much strength in depth to be honest ? Shels are starting to get it together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭shelsfan

What was the final score?

1-0 to Bray 'U-21s' (reserve league)
    Shels are starting to get it together.

Yeah, if we get on a good run, we can get through in the Setanta, we need to beat Cork and beat Portadown by a few goals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Slash/ED wrote:
    I'd pay money just to watch Wes when he's in that kind of form.

Here here.
    KdjaC wrote:
    But i had my moment was mooching towards the bar and behind the goal with the rent-a-crowd in it when Pats scored, made my night

I had 3 of those moments on Friday! :D;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

shelsfan wrote:

Yeah, if we get on a good run, we can get through in the Setanta, we need to beat Cork and beat Portadown by a few goals.

Dont think scoring will be your problem, its stopping them is where it looks you may struggle. But i sure there another 3 Cbs waiting for a go at the back.

kdjac

Advertisement