Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Simple, yet frustrating error

Options
  • 15-04-2005 10:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭

hLine.java:12: cannot resolve symbol
    symbol : constructor Shape (int,int,java.awt.Color)
    super(sY, eY, color );

This error keeps coming up in my code for vLine and hLine. They are part of a hierarchy where draw > shape > line +vLine + hLine etc. What I was trying to do was specify a simple draw vertical and draw horizontal line into the CAD package to add more options while drawing. Unfortunately the code doesnt seem to work and I have copied the vLine and Hline straight from the Line code (which compiles and runs although always does so from the top left hand corner of the drawing board almost as if it is set there which afaik it is'nt) only taking out the "sX and eX" which are the variables for the vertical movement. By doing this i thought i could I implement a simple variation of the class line so that when the user clicks on the button they can chose to draw v. lines or h. lines and no matter where the drag from the mouse functions would only pick out the change in horizontal or vertical position.

Sorry to ramble but if anyone can help i would be most appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Any chance that we can see the offending code ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

deadl0ck wrote:
    Any chance that we can see the offending code ?
    No, he's expecting us to use telepathy.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

No, he's expecting us to use telepathy.
    or hack into every computer out there until we find it!

Advertisement