Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

MS Exchange mass address change

• 15-04-2005 11:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

I dont know anything about exchange but i need to know if there is any convenient process or application to change a chunk of email addresses from say the alias to flastname.firstname ??
    any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Which version of Exchange ?

For 5.5 it's easy enough - make sure you have a backup exchange is not very forgiving of mistakes - in the exchange administrator you can export all the names to a csv file. On the CD there is a file called Header.exe that can create an empty csv file with headers, the export then fills in the columns, tip secondaryproxyaddress is the column used for alisas.

Do the export, open the csv in excel / openoffice / notepad etc.
    make the changes
    import in again from within exchange administrator.

Try this on test addresses preferrably on a test machine till you are au-fait and not very nervious about it (don't ever get comfortable with exchange , once you relax - BAMMMM! )

In exchange 2000/2003 it not as nice , I know one place that typed in 500 names rather than risk using them. Since exchange 2000/2003 are so much easier to backup and restore- definitley backup before embarking on these

Discover how Win2K's Ldifde and Csvde utilities let you easily import and export directory data for myriad uses.
    www.windowsitpro.com/Windows/ Article/ArticleID/38947/38947.html

Advertisement