Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Best' area in Dublin

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

I live in Ranelagh, and as far as I can see it's probably got the livliest nightlife of any "village" in Dublin - There's always a nice atmosphere around, plenty of restaurants, coffee shops and decent pubs and clubs - within walking distance of town and services all the major bus routes as well as the LUAS. I really can't say I'd prefer to live anywhere else, but outside Dublin I adore Galway City.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

mount merrion, close to UCD, 10 and 46A, great (safe) park, close to (but not too close to) shopping in stillorgan, dundrum and donnybrook. I'll stay here!

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭barbie_j

Hi All! is Partrician Villas in Stillorgan a nice area???:confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

Holy resurrection, Batman!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

:eek::eek: zombies :eek::eek:

quick everyone over to the zombie survival forum :pac:

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1079

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,322 ✭✭✭✭Esel

barbie_j wrote: »
    Hi All! is Partrician Villas in Stillorgan a nice area???:confused::confused:
    6 years ago it was OK, now it could be meh. :pac:

Must. remember. to. look. at. post. dates!

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Retail Hell

Country fella, who usedto live in Rathfarnham, harolds X, and Stillorgan, finally bought in Leopardstown a few years ago. if money was no problem I'd love to live in Dalkey, i really love the village feel to it, and the proximity to the sea.
    If the lotto comes in I'd try to get eddie ivines old place or Jim Sheridans both stunning pieces of architecture.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Ranelagh I think. I lived in Clontarf for years, and it's nice, and close to town. But lack of good restaurants and the very few bars there I didn't like. Ranelagh has tonnes of cafes and restaurants these days, nice place to hang out, wish there were more areas like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

no-stupid-people1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    Ranelagh I think. I lived in Clontarf for years, and it's nice, and close to town. But lack of good restaurants and the very few bars there I didn't like. Ranelagh has tonnes of cafes and restaurants these days, nice place to hang out, wish there were more areas like that.

In terms of restaurants it's changed I'd say, some good restaurants there now with 1014, Wongs, Kinara, Picassos, McLoughneys (sp?). Not great for pubs though, unless you live near Harry Byrnes you're kind of screwed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement