Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GPRS Settings for iMate SP3i post-pay Meteor

Options
  • 15-04-2005 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi... I wonder if anyone can help me here. I’ve been hunting for the GPRS settings for the SP3i, but can’t get it going.

It’s running Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition (version 4.21.1088 (build 14132)), ROM version is updated to 1.1.33.23.

I have GPRS setup on my post-pay Meteor account (have used it regularly in the past).

So far, I have created a GPRS connection METEOR, using these settings:

Connects to: The Internet (other options are Work, WAP Network, Secure WAP Network. When I choose WAP Network, I get an error straight away when connecting saying “Verify your Dial-up or Proxy settings are correct and try again”)
    Access point: wap.meteor.ie
    Username: my
    Password: wap
    Primary DSN: 0.0.0.0 (? I presume these are set when the connection is negotiated)
    Secondary DNS: 0.0.0.0
    IP Address: 010.085.085.085

Above that, I have set my “WAP Connection” option to “METEOR” (the other option is Automatic)

When I open IE, it looks like it’s connecting (there is a little G that appears next to the signal strength, indicating it’s initialising GPRS, as opposed to when set to WAP Network where you get nothing), and then I get the odd error “Unable to connect. Verify you have network coverage and try again”. (Needless to say, I’ve double checked my coverage).

Does any know who to set up GPRS on this OS/phone?

Thanks for any help in advance….

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

hi, you are configuring an Internet (ISP) connection with the WAP settings use the isp.mymeteor.ie details outlined in the operator settings sticky if you want to use the Explorer / E-Mail etc on the handset...

Connects to: The Internet
    Access point: isp.mymeteor.ie
    Username: my
    Password: isp
    Primary DSN: 0.0.0.0 (or leave blank)
    Secondary DNS: 0.0.0.0 (or leave blank)
    IP Address: 0.0.0.0 (or leave blank)

still having problems, contatc Meteor to check you are set-up (provisioned) for GPRS INTERNET ACCESS [isp.mymeteor.ie], as outlined in the about to ask how to get connected... sticky

using WAP is a bit of a pain, but is possible with a bit more tweaking (setting up Proxy and WAP network / secure network settings)... so try with the ISP ones first to see if that suits your needs, bearing in mind it costs Eur 2.50 per 1/2 MB (billed in blocks of 1/2 MB) re: Meteor GPRS & WAP info

• Registered Users Posts: 8 paul.ka

Cheers, that got it going.

Advertisement