Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Stopped by traffic Cops

Options
  • 15-04-2005 1:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭

I was stopped by traffic Cops about 8 days ago with no tax and no NCT, I was told to bring proof of tax and NCT to a local Garda station within 10 working days but before getting the NCT my wheel bearings went and one or two other minor problems. With these delays my NCT appointment was delayed and the next one I can get is the end of the month. Has this ever happend to anyone, did you ever get summonsed, should I just let it be and see what happens?

By the way mods I thought I would have a wider audience here than the motor forum, people who are really into there cars would probably have this done on time. If you feel it has to be moved, ffeel free.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It does have to be moved. Using a certain forum to "have a wider audience" eliminates the point of having separate forums at all :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Buy your tax online.. All you need is your insurance details.

https://www.motortax.ie/mtoapp/welcome.do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Boggle

Yup - tax it online and show that at the station. As far as I know they cant prosecute for no NCT yet...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Of course they can prosecute you....

Most of them wont though as long as you get your tax sorted in the amount of time they've given you.

Oh yeah also it helps if you dont get lippy with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Chief--- wrote:
    Of course they can prosecute you....

Most of them wont though as long as you get your tax sorted in the amount of time they've given you.

Oh yeah also it helps if you dont get lippy with them.

get the tax sorted , book the nct and tell them at the station you will bring in the nct that day... and try to stay off the road (avoid checkpoints) in the mean time....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I have spoken to a garda who informs me that there is an amount of uncertainty regarding their ability to prosecute for no nct. Its a similar thing to the fact that tax offices cannot demand a nct to tax a car.

Advertisement