Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gibbed

Options
  • 15-04-2005 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭

Is Gibs/gibbed pronounced with a hard or soft g? I know giblets is with a soft g but a hard g gibbed just sounds better. Preferences?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

D wrote:
    Is Gibs/gibbed pronounced with a hard or soft g? I know giblets is with a soft g but a hard g gibbed just sounds better. Preferences?

I think it's pronounced with a soft G but afaik Giblet pronounces his nick with a hard g.....I dunno :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭angelofdeath

i've always pronouced it with a hard g

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Technically it's a soft g but I use hard g, sounds more violent and generally better. Just looking for personal preference.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Hard G....

Soft for the chicken insides, hard for a singular chunk of body part ala quake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭RapierX

gib-bed-ded

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭CH

what the fu<k?

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭CathalMc

I always pronounced it gibbed as in giblets, soft g. Of course, it was at least a year after I started playing the game that I came across someone in RL who played quake too. I can't remember did he agree with me on the pronounciation :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

Rommel returns!

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭CathalMc

Hey James!

Rommel does return, pheeeeer my HPB'edness!!! I thought in this age of political correctness it might be time to send Rommel to his grave. :) Still on the same, crappy dialup too :(

I've been having a few QW games recently just 'cause of this thread, so good so fast the RL looking back now was overpowered (but fun).

• Advertisement

D wrote:
    I've been having a few QW games recently

Hi, I hang out on #qw.ie and #quake.ie on quakenet if you want a game :)

quetzal

Excellent, I've been getting my ass whipped at since i'm out of practice but yeah, not this week though too busy, weekend maybe. See you on irc.

D wrote:
    Excellent, I've been getting my ass whipped at since i'm out of practice but yeah, not this week though too busy, weekend maybe. See you on irc.

Hehe, the old "I'm out of practice excuse" - what most fail to realise is that they were never that good in the first place! ;)

See you on irc (I'll be on as "quetzal")...

Advertisement