Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thanks for nothing

• 15-04-2005 2:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Not been rude but what the hell kind of response was that?
    I have read all those posts and IBB and there testing has no bearing on my crap quality.

Testing should be carried out at low usage times on a seperate system.It should NOT cause my connection to be terminated with no notice for 2 days and the very least they could do would be to inform me that these tests are going on and may affect my reception.
    The first I heard them was from a friend with the same problems.

Also I did not see an answer to my question on that thread so what is your point???

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

Thanks for nothing

Not been rude but what the hell kind of response was that?
    I have read all those posts and IBB and there testing has no bearing on my crap quality.

Testing should be carried out at low usage times on a seperate system.It should NOT cause my connection to be terminated with no notice for 2 days and the very least they could do would be to inform me that these tests are going on and may affect my reception.
    The first I heard them was from a friend with the same problems.

Also I did not see an answer to my question on that thread so what is your point???

Thanks

was this meant to be a pm?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 davedm

It was a pm and a public post as I do not appreciate been called impatient in public.

As you may like to read on my story posted to the ireland offline section I have been waiting a total of 8 months to get this service working right.

Sorry if it sounded aggressive but impatient is the last thing I am.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

I don't see the point in starting a new thread with it. How the hell are people supposed to know what your talkin about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 davedm

Friendly bunch arn't ya

Newbies like myself to the forum better be extra carefull.

Happy now??????

http://wwww.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=245526

http://wwww.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=243950

As posted to the Ireland Offline forum

Blanch nightmare

K it starts with calling Eircom to be told no way ever are you getting BB in your area because the cables are bad.????
    Three people I know in my area have eircom,anyway after telling the twat on the phone this he again says no way ever.

I call NTL !!!!!!!!!!!!
    Not in your area we will let you know in about a year.Remember I am in a built up area of Blanchardstown.

I think this is a joke so I call all providers to be told "if you don't have eircom compatible lines then you can't ever use us"

So to about 6 mths ago......
    I call Irish Broadband
    I get told that it is in my area and they will install in about 4 weeks.

YIPEEEEEEEEEEE

10 weeks later and many calls I still got squat.So I forget about it.

2 months ago I get a call to say that they had problems and will install next week.
    I wait they call everything looks good exept that even though I have line of sight the mast is on the fritz so no ping.Job dropped and I back at square one.

4 weeks later I get a call,the mast has been upgraded and I am ready to rock and roll.

presant time and I am typing this on a dial up connection as after getting IBB connected it has now been offline for 2 days and no helpdesk available till Monday

I believe the term is

AAAAAAGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

To be continued..........................................

Dave

The path of the rightous man blah de blah de blah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,981 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Any reason why this shouldn't be in the threads you are referring to?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,981 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Thread closed, you've done this before. There are threads about IBB which would be more appropiate.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement