Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Send Text to Mobile using web form

Options
  • 15-04-2005 3:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

I'm a O2 customer and I use O2 online form to send free text. Does anybody know if it's possible to reproduce the page on a different website and use the O2 facility without having to login to O2 website?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

It’s possible but you would essentially have to create a script that would invisibly ‘log in’ and send the message for you. Unless someone’s already written this, which is likely, you’ll need programming knowledge to do this.

Additionally, if O2 changed their set up, your script would also have to be updated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭declanoneill

There's a command line script for doing this from unix, it's was at mackers.com. If you're in anyway computer orientated there's no reason you couldn't whip up a web front end to it. Quick glance reveals it's still there, it's called o2sms. Some minor changes would get it to work for vodafone/metor too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

I'd like to access the o2 webtext from wap... Anyone knows if such a service exists? Someone programmed it, or is ready 2 do it?

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Someone on boards had already created the script and it worked. Can't remember who it was though. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

byte wrote:
    Someone on boards had already created the script and it worked. Can't remember who it was though. :/

This someone who has it - pls identify urself! ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement