Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Broadband Notice: Essential scheduled network maintenance alert !

• 15-04-2005 3:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭

Just in my inbox ......i hear that they have some folks over from the US looking at the network .....( Lets hope they can improve service in city centre with a few more high sites ...god there is enough tall buildings around now adays to put a few more base sations on.....Grand Canal basin would be great.!)

Dear Customer,

Irish Broadband would like to apologise for the short notice, but in order for us to continue to make improvements to our network we need to carry out some essential network maintenance from the 17th - 20th April 05 inclusive.

To minimise any inconvenience to our customers, this will take place between 4am & 7am each morning. During the 3-hour period you may experience some disruption to your service.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused and would ask that you please bear with us during this period. We are working to ensure that all our customers receive the best broadband service over our network.

Irish Broadband.
    Email: Support@IrishBroadband.ie
    Web: www.IrishBroadband.ie
    Support: 1890 56 44 56
    Support hours: 8am – 9pm Mon / Fri. (Excl bank holidays)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Well at least they had the decency to let you know in advance unlike other isp`s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Is this area specific? I didn't get such a mail so I'm probably not going to be affected...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

Thanks for the update I did not get that mail !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Didn't get it either..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

neither did I

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Acerferrari3200

Could be Just us poor RIPWAVE users which I am......I have been told that a team is over from Navini ( Ripwave makers ) ...to test and reconfig the system.

Also been told that IBB may not be using Navini systems for much longer ?
    ( What does the future hold for our Ripwave Service )

The fact that most of Dublin City Centre runs of 3 Rock base station ,,does not help performance ,,,,I use it and I am located on Pearse Street ,,,,RTE and Guinness Sites are Close but crap singnal ....The 3 Rock is Slow and Steady as she goes !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Probably Ripwave related then... I hope these american cowboys improve your Ripwave connection! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭LeperKing

I'm a ripwave user, and I got the email.

LK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

I got it too. Obviously just Ripwave then.

Advertisement