Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Feck all power

Options
  • 15-04-2005 3:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭

I bought a 2.0 litre TD Nissan Primera about a month ago ... traded up from a 1.25 Fiesta!!

I realise it's a bigger heavier car & it's a diesel, but I've noticed that it has shag all acceleration when I need it.

Does anyone else have a TD Primera & if so, is this the way it is with the TD Primera!

p.s. It's not the new style

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

As an example, I was p!ssed on by a 1.8 TDi Skoda yesterday ... same BHP of 90

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭xtrac

Heya,

Are you revving the stones out of it? if so, try and change a good bit earlier and use the mountain of torque that goes with turbo'd diesel motors.

If thats not the issue, have a look at the airfilter, see if its clogged, I changed the filter on my scooby and the turbo now spools up about 800-1000rpm sooner, transformed the car, I should have changed it sooner, but was lazy :-)

if its none of those, see if you can drive another TD primera and see if its the same?

Regards

-Roy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

I'm not revving it like mad ... I was gonna try that & see if that's the case!!

The real problem is with overtaking ... it seems to be very wallowy [if that's even a word :D]!!

The festy went like a hot snot overtaking, but the Primera seems to like to stay behind slow moving traffic .... shakes hand at slow moving traffic "\o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

I've got one. They do tend to suffer somewhat from turbo lag. Up to 1800rpm it's pretty dead but then the turbo kicks in and it's reasonably lively to 4500rpm with the limiter kicking in soon after. If you put the windows down you'll hear the turbo kick in at about 1700rpm. Things that may help performance include replacing the air filter and or the fuel filter. I'd also recommend giving it a dose of injector cleaner, if you're changing the fuel filter, I'd recommend putting the injector cleaner straight into the fuel filter just before putting it back on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

Skoda Octavia 1.9 Tdi 90hp
    BHP 90.0
    Torque (lbs feet) 155.

Nissan Primera 2.0 TD
    BHP 88.5
    Torque (lbs feet) 131.0

He's a tad bit more torque than ya, so could explain him getting past you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

LoneGunM@n wrote:
    I bought a 2.0 litre TD Nissan Primera about a month ago ... traded up from a 1.25 Fiesta!!

I realise it's a bigger heavier car & it's a diesel, but I've noticed that it has shag all acceleration when I need it.

Does anyone else have a TD Primera & if so, is this the way it is with the TD Primera!

p.s. It's not the new style

Had a 1.25 Fiesta before - little rocket! My 1.6 Focus definitely doesn't have the same acceleration!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭greglo23

you could try getting it chipped . McNamaras in dublin are the Superchips agent in ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭528i

and drink fuel therefore defeating the whole purpose of a miserable diesel car in the first place ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

528i wrote:
    and drink fuel therefore defeating the whole purpose of a miserable diesel car in the first place ?

After a remap fuel consumption is 9 times out of 10 no worse and sometimes better due to you altering your driving style because of the extra power

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

greglo23 wrote:
    you could try getting it chipped . McNamaras in dublin are the Superchips agent in ireland.

Web link for McNamara's or where are they located? want to chip a 1.9Tdi Passat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

Revo chips are suppose to be very good
    http://www.revotechnik.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭greglo23

McNamaras Carburettor & Injection Center, 20B Nottingham Street, Dublin 3.
    tel:00353 8553555
    fax:00353 8553558

charles.manders@mcnamarasltd.com

Advertisement