Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Getting own insurance after Company car

Options
  • 15-04-2005 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭

whats the story with getting insurance after years of driving a company car....the da drove a company car for 20+ years...now he's in the real world and will have to go looking for insurance.....will he get credit for all the years accident free driving even though he's never had a policy in his own name???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Gryzor wrote:
    whats the story with getting insurance after years of driving a company car....the da drove a company car for 20+ years...now he's in the real world and will have to go looking for insurance.....will he get credit for all the years accident free driving even though he's never had a policy in his own name???
    He should do. I've yet to see a quote form that didn't ask about driving on a company policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

I had a company car for 5 years. When I bought the car from my comany, the insurance company they where with gave me 5 years no claims bonus.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

He may need to get a letter confirming his company usage for the ins. company

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

sound lads...just thought i heard somewhere before that them greedy fòckers wouldn't give any credit for driving under a company policy..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

Gryzor wrote:
    sound lads...just thought i heard somewhere before that them greedy fòckers wouldn't give any credit for driving under a company policy..

I've been driving a company van for 4 years with no incidents, and they wont give me any NCB , the f*ckers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

ando wrote:
    I've been driving a company van for 4 years with no incidents, and they wont give me any NCB , the f*ckers

I think it depends on whether you're named as the primary driver of the car. I got full credit for my company car when I switched to private. Maybe with the van anybody could drive it and that's why they don't give you the credit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

As is pointed out above it depends on whether a person is named on an individual car or as part of a fleet policy. When my father retired and had to go back to his own insurance after almost 10 years of company car use ne had no NCB or insurance record of any kind (single fleet policy) and ended up paying almost 1500 TPFT. The good news is that after a couple of years claim free motoring that excess totally disappeared and he has since recieved a very good comprehensive rate.

Advertisement