Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dcx8

Options
  • 15-04-2005 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭

Whats your thoughts guys Hit or Miss?

I think its fantastic..........

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

This post has been deleted.

Thanks M8 its desert combat extended 8 a new mod based on the DC 7 final !!

Link :- http://www.dcxtended.com/

Its great............

End of review

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

There's probably about 2 servers with the game so what's the point.

BloodBath

BloodBath wrote:
    There's probably about 2 servers with the game so what's the point.

BloodBath

Well it will be played at the D15 lan and BTW there are many servers running it !!

DL it and try !!

D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Well its a class mod its stand along DC mod with the british in it now. It has loads of DC fixes all the problems in DC .7 and .8 ( Final ) are fixed. Humvees dont blow up when you go over a bump, choppers have extra gunner positions loads of new stuff. Its class, there will be a lot of servers running it real soon, id say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Drapper wrote:
    DL it and try !!

Do you know of any good mirrors? Can't get it from the main site :(

Nice one, i'll be downloading this then. Sounds good.

BloodBath

BloodBath wrote:
    Nice one, i'll be downloading this then. Sounds good.

BloodBath

file shack has it www.fileshack.com you can sign up its grand and easy and the Desert COmbat Extended is listed under BF mods..........

PS get the Apachie Assault map pack too !! yeeeee harrrrrrr

Ok I got it and it's great. They tweaked the chopper controls as well. They are so much easier to fly now. Some very nice additions as well.

I'm having trouble finding servers for it though. Is there any way of distinguishing between 0.7, 0.8 and 0.8x servers?

BloodBath

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I get some terrible performance on the non'Vanilla' maps, particularly when flying jets and such.

• Advertisement

BloodBath wrote:
    Ok I got it and it's great. They tweaked the chopper controls as well. They are so much easier to fly now. Some very nice additions as well.

I'm having trouble finding servers for it though. Is there any way of distinguishing between 0.7, 0.8 and 0.8x servers?

BloodBath

Not sure, just activate the mod in the contral panel and have a search in the same way on BF1942.............

or practice with Bots ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

BloodBath wrote:

BloodBath
    Make sure you have 8.1 It may be stopping you from accessing some of the servers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

I knocked games4 over to DC Extended. You can get lucutus to setup the mapcycle etc as required.

I knocked games4 over to DC Extended. You can get lucutus to setup the mapcycle etc as required.

Is there an IP for that server?

games4.iol.ie

games4.iol.ie

Thanks m8 is there many on playing ?

Here a good DCX Server I've been playing on :- 217.146.91.167:14567

games4.iol.ie

still not woking and my ping is 15 - 20 on the server !! any chance of getting it up for the weekend ?

D

I'm going to upload the files from my home machine to the server.
    The linux support on this mod is somewhat crap, lot of people moaning about the same thing, plus most of the downloads on the site don't work.

I'll do my best, but at this stay I'm getting bored.

I'm going to upload the files from my home machine to the server.
    The linux support on this mod is somewhat crap, lot of people moaning about the same thing, plus most of the downloads on the site don't work.

I'll do my best, but at this stay I'm getting bored.

sure if you can get .7 fianl up would be great ! I have about 10 + mates looking for a good DCX/DC irish site ! and your porbably the only one !

A crowd in the midlands are running the Pirates mod !! dont like it !

• Advertisement

.7 final is up and running ok, its only this mod which is fúcked.

Right I'm giving up with dc-extended, which is a pity since it looks good. But if they dont want to supply downloads whats a guy to do, cos I cannt be ársed uploading 400 odd meg with my upload speed from home.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭MrTimewalk

I played it at a Lan on saturday. Is it my imagination or have the helicopter's rockets been nerfed? I found it so much harder to knock out a tank than in DC 7

MrTimewalk wrote:
    I played it at a Lan on saturday. Is it my imagination or have the helicopter's rockets been nerfed? I found it so much harder to knock out a tank than in DC 7

Was that the Darkside Lan ? I think the rockets are fine ! Which heli where you flying ? The apache seems to knock everything out, I've had no probelms, think the accuracy in DCX is finer ! ! ;-)

BTW there's a cool apache assualt addon map for DC http://www.fileshack.com/file.x?fid=4176
    GET IT !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭MrTimewalk

No a lan in my place, had twelve for it. Since then I've played another quick lan and I'm a total convert. DCX is much better IMHO, great game, highly recommended. As for the rocket question it depends on the vehicle, there's a nasty russian little bird type chopper on Khrakov (I think) with four rockets each capable of taking out an abrams with one shot. brillant stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Oh i`ll have a go of this server. Is it 8.1 dcx or 8.0 dcx?

Advertisement