Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone Know anything about new UTV broadband offers

• 15-04-2005 6:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭

Anyone Know anything about new UTV broadband offers
    eg download limit
    upload limit

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 295 ✭✭paddy

Have you heard new offers?, or are you hoping someone else has. I would like to know myself as my contract is up soon. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

The website just mentions the fact that speeds have doubled. Everything else is the same as far as I can see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,016 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Yup. No new offers, just passing on the speed increase that they got off Eircom.

Download limits are exactly the same :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭litirspam

I have about seven months to go on my contract. I hoped that since others have changed their limits UTV would follow suit.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Stark wrote:
    Yup. No new offers, just passing on the speed increase that they got off Eircom.

Download limits are exactly the same :mad:

It is being made very clear to UTV at the moment in the UTV support group that their customers are looking for them to come up with something to match the new offers from their competitors. So if you are a UTV customer it may be worth your while to visit the support group and make your points there. UTV have actually canvassed ideas/requests etc there over the past week or so.

(utv.support on news.utvinternet.com in whatever newsreader you use)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭litirspam

dub45 wrote:
    It is being made very clear to UTV at the moment in the UTV support group that their customers are looking for them to come up with something to match the new offers from their competitors. So if you are a UTV customer it may be worth your while to visit the support group and make your points there. UTV have actually canvassed ideas/requests etc there over the past week or so.

I've never used a newsreader before - what do I do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

Not sure if it means anything but before the upgrades I e mailed them to ask what the story was. They only got back to me a couple of days ago and said that they were aware of Eircoms new package and the like and they said they would be making an announcement soon.

Now, I'm not sure if the UTV person was a little slow and was only talking about the upgrades or if there was something more aswell.

I guess we'll find out in good time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

litirspam wrote:
    I've never used a newsreader before - what do I do?

You can set up a newsgroup subscription in Outlook. under Accounts. For UTV use news.utvinternet.com and follow the rest of the instructions. You can subscribe to whatever you want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,016 ✭✭✭✭Stark

dub45 wrote:

Yeah I've been bitching on it already :)

Advertisement