Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer Programming

• 15-04-2005 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

I was at a lecture today at CIT and i went to the Computer Programming lecture and of coarse all my friends that have no intrest in computers went alog with me and made me miss the whole lecture so i was just wondering what points would i need to get into Computer Programming at CIT and any special subjects needed? Or is there any subjects i could take in 5th year to help me along?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭dawballz

What course exaclty was it?
    go here http://www.cao.ie/institutions/DIP04.HTM#cwp for the points list and match it to the course you want here http://www.itcarlow.ie/courses/comp/comp_overview.htm
    There's really not much subjects you can take in fifth year I don't think. In 4th year in some schools they do a computers class alright but it won't really show when you apply to the cao for your place in college. Just aim high and if you put in the effort you will get there. And if you don't do it first time, there is loads of options, like take a FETAC/CERT/FÁS (etc) course and after you have those passed, try to apply for a place in then, you would have much more of a chance of being accepted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Ye i saw all u kids today. i saw them girls in the uniforms and thought i was gonna get arrested! ;)

Look here and it'll tell you about the computer courses.
    http://www.itcarlow.ie/courses/courses_overview.html

nothin much you can do in 5th year. maybe try learning a programming language somewhere.

ps its ITC not CIT. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 thomas.oleary

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭seanos

programming courses in ITC are good (well ... software development degree is).
    Not going to mension much about others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭elvis2002

The_B_Man wrote:
    Ye i saw all u kids today. i saw them girls in the uniforms and thought i was gonna get arrested! ;)

these are the days i miss most, i hate work placement, let me back to look at the girls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Redrocket

work placement is COOL!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 thomas.oleary

I'll tell you my opion on placement when i get there.

Thanks for all your help.

P.S The skirts x-celentay(Dont ask why i said that word.) !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭s4dd

Personally, i think skirts should be compulsory for every female above 14 who is a 7 or more on the "hotosity" scale.

yeah, and optional for men!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Pff.
    I think it should be compulsory for the male lecturers to wear full celtic attire.
    Is it gonna happen?
    Will you make that happen B man?

• Advertisement

I will when im elected president. though first ill have to see an example of this "Celtic Attire". ill tell u what, u come in 2moro modelling the full celtic attire and ill decide whether or not it should be implemented. so u better get to shavin them legs of yours!

by the way, dempsey said he wants to help you model the female version of the celtic attire.

Advertisement