Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3g Condom (is that how you spell it ?)

Options
  • 15-04-2005 10:52pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭

My friend el Reg again :)

Seems 3g has an INSATIABLE demand for masts that aint there basically :(

In the UK :
    "For example, Orange has around 20,000 sites, it might get to 3G with 40,000 to 50,000. The big problem is regulation - the agony of getting local government to agree to new sites. Re-using existing sites is the opening gambit - it won't scale though, and they're not in the right places."

So they needs lots more masts to comply with their coverage requirements, cool . But !
    Then there's the way a WCDMA cell responds to increasing usage by effectively shrinking, a phenomenon called cell breathing. This means you need more overlapping cells to provide good coverage - and also that the best site for a GSM mast is not necessarily the best for a 3G one

That means it will take yonks to sort the towns out so forget the countryside. But we knew as much except!!!!
    . If subscribers really used services such as video streaming and data, the networks would collapse.

Their core offerings so far as we know........Which means that
    It all poses uncomfortable questions for the 3G operators. They want to believe that WCDMA is the future, but it could just be a case of the Emperor's New Clothes, where everyone involved has invested so much time, technology and money that no-one dares to admit they've picked a wrong 'un.

Ooppsies .Full Story on el Reg ..Conundrum , is that it ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭DonegalMan

Sponge Bob wrote:
    You must know my wife's 89 year old aunt, she gets condoms and conundrums mixed up ... but I guess at 89, it doesn't matter :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

old people can still get stis

Advertisement