Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kids play area ideas

• 15-04-2005 11:37pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I am thinking of making a play area out my back for my two young kids as they are getting to the age were they can play out the back.Any ideas on what to put in...?

I was thinking of getting that new stuff the council has in there play grounds you no the stuff thats like a big mat and brakes any fall,I am not sure how much this would cost.So any ideas...?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Dub13 wrote:
    I am thinking of making a play area out my back for my two young kids as they are getting to the age were they can play out the back.Any ideas on what to put in...?

I was thinking of getting that new stuff the council has in there play grounds you no the stuff thats like a big mat and brakes any fall,I am not sure how much this would cost.So any ideas...?
    That soft matting would probably cost a fortune....I'd let them plough away in the grass..will do them no harm.

I'd love to get my hands on a swingboat...remember those things that used to be in the carnivals that came to your town during the summer when you were younger? Not for the kids now but for me and the missus......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 264 ✭✭pajoemccracken

Hi,
    I've spent a lot of time looking at these playtiles and found that there is a supplier in Wexford/Waterford who does them cheap enough.
    But it depends on what critical fall high you want to go with.
    Say if your Kid fall off the top of a slide from about 1.5 metres then you need a certian thickness of tile to make sure they don't get head injuries etc.
    The chepest place I found for a 43mm thick tile was in Germany here you could get them for around 40Euro each and deliver was going to cost me 250Euro for 40msq. Therefore total cost for 40msq was about 1800Euro.
    PaJoe

Advertisement