Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bored of ie - tabard design

Options
  • 16-04-2005 12:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭

Yes I know they are a waste of time, you know they're a waste of time, but some people think they're worth neutering yourself (that's what I *think* you have to do to raise the money). If people want to play with the possible tabard designs (the guild leader has to do the buying), try:
    http://wowvault.ign.com/static.php?category=guilds&page=tabardviewer

It's limited in what you can do, but some bum from the street did the one below. Other fine examples of the art are welcome.
    tabard9kk.gif

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭SpooN_9k

yay my plan to annoy everbody about a tabard until we got one has eventually paid off!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

We aint got nuffink yet :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

I like the idea of a nice simple shamrock, and hell a 4 leaf one might provide some welcome luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

why do we need luck? we got skillz!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

Thats close enough to the Dudes tabard. We have a black background as opposed to white, and our Shamrock has only 3 leaves.

Also met my first Boardsie running around Desolace last night. Some guy called Vermillion. No ganking either..wanted to fight and he was the same level as me too :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Pfft.

Ye are so ripping off the TiG tabard.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

so sayeth the green haired one ;)

NeoSlicerZ wrote:
    why do we need luck? we got skillz!
    Yes, but imagine what happens when you combine luck and skillz :o

GHOST MGG wrote:
    so sayeth the green haired one ;)
    I hate when people know me, but I don't know them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

hmm that looks more like a 4 leaf clover than a shamrock.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

how about a queen's crown on an orange background?
    :)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Perhap something more Irish and less Oirish? A Doldrum outline perhaps?

Anyway, my guild on Spinbreaker (Two Tents) are famous for naked conga lines around IF... so our tabard doesnt get seen much :)

DeV.

oh that was me, didn't bother, i'll whack you next time then :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

DeVore wrote:

Anyway, my guild on Spinbreaker (Two Tents) are famous for naked conga lines around IF... so our tabard doesnt get seen much :) .

you mad bastards!

is it just me or can anybody else not log in..? :(

btw dustaz was that you who me and vermillion were waving at yesterday in STV?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Mr.Applepie

Is there a boards guild? If so what server do you guys play on?

I haven't seen any shamrocks available in the Tabard creation tool... maybe I'm missing something? You seem to be stuck with a set of quite restricted logos you can use.

Is there a boards guild? If so what server do you guys play on?

the one we are talking about is on bladefist but im fairly sure there are others on different servers too

so drakar is that the one we are going to go for..? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

lol jim its me (ol tig_arkangel) :) and if any of u are in a irish guild or whatever let me know what server u play on and i might comevisit u ..pity i cant bring my old level 55 undead priest ;-)

We're on Teranas Ark. The TiG guild was disbanded a few days ago as we merged with another guild.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

Here's my submission, in the hopes we don't get something quite so garish :)
    tabard.jpg

That flash app makes pretty bad looking versions- you can see what the above icon would look like in-game below:
    tabard139_front.jpg

-- Pestis

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

That looks damn good actually

The tabard design in game has a completely different set of logos btw to that tabard tool. No Irish looking ones (except what could be a crock of gold, but that's Oirish).

On a separate note, some people were wondering if we could accellerate the merging with another guild thing. It was always planned that when we got big enough to tackle end game content, that we should consider opportunities for merging with other guilds as a small guild would find it more difficult to get on.

However that does pose the problem that while we are getting to the high levels, for many people there are only 1 or 2 others who are around their level on. This makes it more difficult to group for quests etc. Getting together with another guild would mean that there were more people of our level around. On the other hand we'd probably have to stop talking Gaelige on channel.

I can see the arguments for both sides, and I'm quite open to either option (merging early, or hanging on). Let's hear those views!

http://wowvault.ign.com/?dir=guilds&content=tabards

In game screenies of every tabard icon - unless it's out of date or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

Drakar wrote:
    The tabard design in game has a completely different set of logos btw to that tabard tool. No Irish looking ones (except what could be a crock of gold, but that's Oirish).

On a separate note, some people were wondering if we could accellerate the merging with another guild thing. It was always planned that when we got big enough to tackle end game content, that we should consider opportunities for merging with other guilds as a small guild would find it more difficult to get on.

However that does pose the problem that while we are getting to the high levels, for many people there are only 1 or 2 others who are around their level on. This makes it more difficult to group for quests etc. Getting together with another guild would mean that there were more people of our level around. On the other hand we'd probably have to stop talking Gaelige on channel.

I can see the arguments for both sides, and I'm quite open to either option (merging early, or hanging on). Let's hear those views!

your best bet is it to merge early, otherwise you risk members who are high level and bored and unable to participate in end game content leave to join the bigger guilds that have more players around their level. It's sad but it does happen, and everyone has a right to have fun in the game the way they want to.

I couldnt agree more here ^^

Sooner the better, for all concerned. Hey, Memnoch, any openings for 10+ people? :p

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I'm thinking of leveling up an alt on Bladefist to be with the irish guild but I'm not sure about it if we are just going to be lumped in with a much bigger guild. I'd like to play with you guys but its long way to level 60 and I'd want to be sure that I'm going to get some assistance from the rest of the guild as an kind of understanding that those of use not on Bladefist are having to go back to the start in order to play together.
    Just my 2c

DeV.

I'd also vote for keep bored of ie as is, anyone who gets bored/wants to do the serious L60 stuff can jump ship (and maybe keep an alt in bored of ie).

I like the fact that it's fairly small / friendly group myself. Plus there's already enough of us to do most things, and numbers will grow slowly (especially with new copies of the game available).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

I'm loving the little community we have in Bored of Ie, it wouldn't be the same in a big guild I don't think.

• Advertisement

meh, we're getting more and more people ot 60 now, there's a whole bunch of us with a good mix of classes.

Advertisement