Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

20Mbps in Netherlands for €39.99 month

Options
  • 16-04-2005 12:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭

http://www.webwereld.nl/nieuws/reactie_compleet.phtml?id=21270

Dutch broadband supplier Versatel is now offering20Mbps connections at an introductory price of EUR39.99 per month for those who sign up before June. This also includes Dutch Premiere League live matches being sent down the wire. The price is half what UPC charges for its 20Mbps service - without the football.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,853 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Wowy that is good...drool ....
    Someday we will have that here :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

at the rate we're going, we'd be lucky to have 8Mbps by 2010 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

I dunno .. my business DSL has doubled twice in 3 years .. so if the current trend continues, I'll have 32Mbps by 2008 .. or maybe not!!

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Cryos

screw ireland :) im going to Netherlands :) can build my datacenter and everything there for much cheaper :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

Pff, this is nothing. In France, 20 Mbps costs €29.99 incl. VAT and includes 30 digital TV channels, as well as a second phone line with free line rental.

At this rate, The Netherlands will never catch up to France. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭medO

Pff, this is nothing. In France, 20 Mbps costs €29.99 incl. VAT and includes 30 digital TV channels, as well as a second phone line with free line rental.

not to mention the not so little matter of 1 Mbits/sec upstream...!

medO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

medO wrote:
    not to mention the not so little matter of 1 Mbits/sec upstream...!

medO

I posted that on a humorous note. As far as upstream is concerned, the offer in the netherlands uses the same technology, ADSL2+, and will as such also have similar limitations (i.e. not symmetrical).

Advertisement