Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Worst Movies You've Ever Seen

• 16-04-2005 1:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

Here are some of the worst and sucky movies I've seen

Daredevil
    Matrix Revolutions
    Star Wars Attack of the Clones
    The Hulk
    The Crow
    Crossroads

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

had you got your hopes up on Crossroads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

before it be moved to "films" board.....

national treasure made me wanna rip my eyes from my sockets and stuff them in my ears.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Volcano was an absolute nightmare to watch

probably been worse but my brain isnt thinking right now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭OY

Nando19 wrote:
    Star Wars Attack of the Clones

WHY!?!?

And this is the reason why EP3 will unfortunately suck a**!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Attack of the Clones was watchable. at least it had a slightly darker edge than the Phantom ****ter...

and the Crow??? thats one of the greatest comic to film adaptions that there is.

worst for me would have to be Chocolat. Johnny Depp's random accent changes were the only part of the film that i managed to glean even the slightest bit of entertainment from :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

Alien Resurection
    Star Wars EP1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Saw the absolute turd that was 'Exorcist: The Beginning' tonight.

I try to look at the positives in a films.... this didn't have a lot going for it!

Terrible acting, an absolutely laughable last half hour, dire script and a complete overload on too much crappy blood and gore.

Will be interested in seeing Shrader's version, which will be released in the US in May. Don't think it differs much from Harlin's version but does have a lot less blood and gore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Adam and Paul.

Nuff sed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

I Piss On Your Grave was woeful.

Open Water - worst movie ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Tiffany

Being John Malkovich

What the f*** was that?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭OY

Tiffany wrote:
    Being John Malkovich

What the f*** was that?

No no no what are you saying? BJM was a mind f*** yes but not the worst movie you have ever seen. The movie is worth it just to see the head on Diaz. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

Einst&#252 wrote: »
    Open Water

Yeah, was pretty crap alright. The only redeeming feature in that film was your wan lying there naked in the bed! Mmmmm! ;):D

Speaking of crap accents on films, Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman's accents in "Far And Away" have to go down as possibly the worst Irish accents in any film, EVER! And that film was sh*te as well.

As a motor racing fan, I have to say "Driven" was pretty bad. Just looking at the special effects, you could clearly see at times where it was computer-generated. Very badly done.

There's loads more films that I think are sh*te but I can't possibly remember them all right now. :D

Tiffany wrote:
    Being John Malkovich

What the f*** was that?
    Blasphemy!!

'Being John Malkovich' was brillant - Kaufman and Jonze at their best!

That's my 2nd favourite Kaufman film behind 'Eternal Sunshine..'.... both in my DVD collection!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Starship Troopers 2 was the first film I saw that really made me think - "this sets the standard for me from now on; no matter how bad a film is, I will always say 'at least it wasn't as bad as ST2'".

...However, having been to see House of the Dead in the UGC, I was forced to revise that opinion. HotD now sets the standard for true badness.

Other bad films:
    Troy
    Alexander
    Pearl Harbour (oh sweet jesus this was AWFUL)
    Pretty in Pink (I like 80's films, and I like the 80's Brat Pack, but this is pretty bad)
    Deep Blue Sea
    The Phantom
    Open Water (NOTHING HAPPENS!!! FFS! How, holy mother of cr*p, HOW did this get so many glowing reviews?!)
    Meet the Fokkers
    Jersey Girl (easily Kev Smith's worst film)
    Panic Room
    King Arthur (f**kin Bruckheimer producing again, he has a lot to answer for IMO)
    Top Gun (it's time we all woke up and realise how bad this film really is)
    Deep Impact
    One Night at McCool's

That's all for now, but believe me there's more...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Gigli

that is all

SebtheBum wrote:
    Pearl Harbour (oh sweet jesus this was AWFUL)

Agreed! A film made purely for teenage girls so they could "worship at the altar of Ben Affleck"! :rolleyes: Could there possibly be a more sh*te actor in Hollywood right now? I especially hate him because he turned the Jack Ryan character into a complete joke in "The Sum Of All Fears".
    SebtheBum wrote:
    Top Gun (it's time we all woke up and realise how bad this film really is)

Well, I like "Top Gun" a lot, but only for the aerial photography. I know it's dated now but, for the time, you've got to admit that it was pretty stunning, and all done before the onslaught of computer graphics in films. I just skip through all the typically tacked-on Hollywood smaltz (the "romantic" storyline :rolleyes: and all the homo crap!) though and just watch the dogfight scenes.

Oh, and another crap film: "The Day After Tomorrow".

Typical Hollywood disaster movie. Full of all the usual disaster movie cliches. So bloody predicable. I knew what was going to happen next 10 minutes before it even happened. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

Starship Troopers 2. Go to Laser. Rent it out. Agree with me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

The Omega Code.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

Shaulin Soccer

Dude wheres my car

King Arthur

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭OLP

the cable guy

i know alot of people like "about a boy" but i think its utter crap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Freddy got fingered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭Duckjob

Alexander - In the words of Gift Grub Hector - "Bhi se complete cack" I always like to see a film in its entirety no matter how bad it is, but I had serious difficulty staying in my seat to the end of this daub of cinematic faeces.

Matrix Reloaded & Revolutions, but expecially Reloaded. I'm in denial that there were ever any sequels made to the original which was a classic.

AI - ok, maybe not the worst, but the last 20 mins was so obviously tacked on and it really annoyed me that I had paid good money for something so amateurish.

Analyse that - deeply disappointing after the excellent first one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

The Cooler
    &
    Monster Man... Well it was so bad it was funny.. so maybe not too bad lol :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭p~b

The Mangler
    Letter from Deathrow
    Spin the Bottle
    Dudes Wheres my Car
    All the Matrix films
    Human Traffic

ALL OF THESE ARE DREADFUL FILMS

Rabies wrote:
    Freddy got fingered.

hey hey hey, lets not get crazy now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

Tetsuo 2

It's a steaming pile. AVOID!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

I've seen a lot a bad films, but only one made think immediately afterwards 'that's the worts film ever made', and it was
    the day after tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

the muse.

Most bad movies are totally forgettable. This is memorably bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

the spongebobsquarepants movie- utter ****e

joejoem wrote:
    Shaulin Soccer

Dude wheres my car

King Arthur
    Lies! Shaolin soccer is the best movie i've seen all year. In that it's utter sh!te, but on purpose. As opposed to most movies, which are sh!te but claim to be brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

MOved from AH

p~b wrote:
    Human Traffic

Nah, you're bang out of order there mate. Human Traffic is an absolutely wicked film. It's funny, clever, and at times surreal... I mean, come on, Spliff Politics man, inspired stuff :D .

I think it's great anyway, who's wit me?

P.S. "NICE ONE BRUVVVVVVVVVA!!!!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

the spongebobsquarepants movie- utter ****e

I hope you're wrong because I'm going to look at it this afternoon!

SebTheBum wrote:
    Human Traffic is an absolutely wicked film. It's funny, clever, and at times surreal... I mean, come on, Spliff Politics man, inspired stuff .

I think it's great anyway, who's wit me?
    I agree!

Brillant film!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 381 ✭✭Dr. Dodger

OLP wrote:
    the cable guy

can't believe my eyes.cable guy is a classic

my addition is Dreamcatcher .. "i duditz".. if you've seen it you will understand. this movie should have a warning on the front for being so utterly terrible. i loved Damian Lewis in Band of Brothers one of the best series ever but this film is so bad that i wanted to beat him for getting involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭case n basket

wah wah typical Hollywood :rolleyes: wah wah :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
    Man, if only everyone could see what was going to happen in popcorn films... they'd go out of business.

The world was wrecked by a storm... in film about the world being wrecked by a storm. DAMN YOU HOLLYWOOD!! HOW COULD I HAVE NOT SEEN THIS COMING!!! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭KlodaX

the sequel to the birds

KlodaX wrote:
    the sequel to the birds
    Surely this doesn't really exist? Shudder.

Jr.Shabadu wrote:
    Lies! Shaolin soccer is the best movie i've seen all year. In that it's utter sh!te, but on purpose. As opposed to most movies, which are sh!te but claim to be brilliant.

absolutely, could'nt agree more. watched it last night and thought it was the best sh!te on purpose film i've seen since freddy got fingered.

one thing i find hard to fathom too is; how on gods green earth did any1 connected to the making of 'ALIEN V PREDATOR' take it as a serious film.
    like that bit in the film when the predator teams up wit your one and gives her an aliens head as a shield and a stick to fight with,.....FOR F**KS SAKE!
    i swear they must of graduated from the school for plonker film-makers

• Advertisement

Dr. Dodger wrote:
    can't believe my eyes.cable guy is a classic
    Agreed.... 'The Cable Guy' gets an incredible bad rap!

It's a hilarious film with Jim Carrey at his comedic best, in my opinion!
    Dr. Dodger wrote:
    my addition is Dreamcatcher .. "i duditz".. if you've seen it you will understand. this movie should have a warning on the front for being so utterly terrible. i loved Damian Lewis in Band of Brothers one of the best series ever but this film is so bad that i wanted to beat him for getting involved.
    "I Duditz" was bad!

But i got three words that are worse: "F*ck Me Bananas!!" :confused:

A great cast (Jason Lee, Morgan Freeman, Timothy Olyphant, Tom Sizemore) wasted!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Dooid

Blade Trinity is by far the worst film I have ever seen. The acting is incredibly bad, the script even worse, the action is muck, the direction appalling, yeah it's so bad I'm glad I saw it because now I have a yard stick against which to base all future opinions. If Blue Velvet is a 10 then Blade Trinity is a definite 0. I've seen loads of crap films, Intermission for example was appalling but at least it was an honest enough attempt, Blade is just a cynical cash in and what's sucha shame is that the other 2 were good.

Dooid wrote:
    Intermission for example was appalling but at least it was an honest enough attempt, Blade is just a cynical cash in and what's sucha shame is that the other 2 were good.

Oh lord forgive this misguided being and put him/her back on the road to enlightenment...

Oh lord forgive this misguided being and put him/her back on the road to enlightenment...
    But if it wasn't for intermission we wouldn't have the hilarious Colin Farrell version of "I fought the Law" to help us mock him with even more fervour.

yeah, actually, what the F**K was up wit that?!?!

Such a ridiculous cover.

Having said that, I thought Intermission was ok.

OOOH, I thought of more cr&p films to add to the list:
    Pi (just... rubbish)
    Black Hawk Down (The book is one of the best war stories I've ever read, told brilliantly by Mark Bowden. And this? It ruined it. It sickens me)
    Creep (Such a great premise... So totally screwed up)

SebtheBum wrote:
    yeah, actually, what the F**K was up wit that?!?!

Such a ridiculous cover.

Having said that, I thought Intermission was ok.

OOOH, I thought of more cr&p films to add to the list:
    Pi (just... rubbish)
    Black Hawk Down (The book is one of the best war stories I've ever read, told brilliantly by Mark Bowden. And this? It ruined it. It sickens me)
    Creep (Such a great premise... So totally screwed up)
    Seb, you so crazyyyyy! Pi was brilliant, you can't have self-trepanning in a movie and call it crap.

Nah mate, I'm sorry, but it was just gack.

Boring, irritating, and just full of techniques like self-trepanning to try to make it "quirky" and "arty"... When, in fact, it was just lifeless and dull.

i liked it

Jr.Shabadu wrote:
    i liked it

:D lol...

Ah, we're all entitled to our own opinions. Besides, I'm sure I liked some films you'd consider sh*te as well!

True ;) The most important thing is that we all hate Matrix reloaded. Didn't bother me arse to even see revolutions.

• Advertisement
Advertisement