Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SU Hacks

• 16-04-2005 4:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭

Argh... I hate them so much! They're so... like, smarmy and reptilian... Coupled with that, they always know each other and bring up "Trinners" and whoever they each know from societies so they can decide how they relate to each other in some kind of bizarre rank system... I can't stand it!

Know any? I nominate Crash_000.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭DrIndy

Down with those sorts of people.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

James, your drunk and posting at 4 in the morning, never a good thing. Besides I enjoyed that SU Hack thing we crashed.

Jim_No.6 wrote:
    Argh... I hate them so much! They're so... like, smarmy and reptilian... Coupled with that, they always know each other and bring up "Trinners" and whoever they each know from societies so they can decide how they relate to each other in some kind of bizarre rank system... I can't stand it!

Know any? I nominate Crash_000.

Yeah I heard you were there Jim, didn't know you were there boston. And the "SU hack thing" was a mate of mine's birthday...(which admittently had lots of SU hacks)

Crash spent his time last night giving out to me about my sig. Actually, maybe you guys are referring to doyle's as opposed to the gingerman? A lot of the present hacks wandered from the latter to the former...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

I have this theory about SU Hacks - it's not about the position they hold, it's about the self-importance they have in it that define them as such. So someone could be a class rep, on Exec, member of a few societies etc, but if they don't have that pretentious 'I justify my existence by what I do, rather than who I am' vibe, then it's all okay, they're not a hack.

Also Hacks are easily identified as they only have 'friends' within the organisation that they dedicate their time to... Oh, and in the majority of cases, they fail their exams and generally slack their way through college.

So crash, please, please don't be a Hack...

down with those sorts of people.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Don't know any of these type people tbh.. Must be an artsy thing

Used to be a class rep but didn't go for it again out of pure apathy, anyway it means I do know a few sci-end su-heads.

I'm a former SU head - 3 years a faculty convenor!

Down with those sorts of people........

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

careful now

this needs a gathering card....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

:rolleyes: i am not a damn hack james :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭foxybrowne

Every single undergraduate in TCD is an "SU head", apart from, I hear, one or two who took court action in that regard.

• Advertisement

Don't be so pedantic foxy, you know that's not true

foxybrowne wrote:
    Every single undergraduate in TCD is an "SU head", apart from, I hear, one or two who took court action in that regard.

:confused::confused::confused:

make no sense......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Jim_No.6

Well, tbh Boston's right - I didn't even remember posting this - so it must have been a good night! :D

I vaguely recall Shane saying "start a thread saying that Crash is a hack - he hates it" ... so blame him :rolleyes:

Edit3: Oh, and I wasn't referring to the party last night - had quite a good time actually; although in retrospect, I can see how you thought that's what I meant.
    DrIndy wrote:
    make no sense......
    I think she means that we are forced to be members of the SU ; and the rest seems to imply that some people took court action over being forced to. I've no clue though...

DrIndy wrote:
    Down with those sorts of people.....
    Down with this sort of thing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭xeduCat

Hmmm. This one again. There never was court action; if there was, someone please send me a copy!

There was stuff in the past about USI membership, but that's a different story.

As I might have said before (apologies for repeating myself if so), there is no formal 'membership' of the SU. No dues, no fee, no application form, no loyalty card! Membership is 'offered' to all Trinity students but there's no method of accepting or rejecting - the only distinction between members and non-members is actually between students and non-students. The right to vote in elections is just based on the list of registered students supplied by Student Records. And there's no way to 'join', apart from being accepted for a Trinity course...

Incidentally the one thing that students definitely do join, though, is the club that officially holds the Buttery licence! (Tick form at registration).

Finally, the SU doesn't get funding on a per-student basis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Jim_No.6 wrote:
    I think she means that we are forced to be members of the SU

Hilarious that you though foxybrowne was a girl, little do you know...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭xeduCat

Hehehehehehehehe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

stargal wrote:
    Also Hacks are easily identified as they only have 'friends' within the organisation that they dedicate their time to... Oh, and in the majority of cases, they fail their exams and generally slack their way through college.

Why are my parents posting on the boards under stargal's name? Mum and Dad, i promise i'll make some more friends outside college and get the exams this time round. And, i'll try and give up the hackery...

didnt you know stargal is your mum?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

would be interesting if you could choose between two competing unions upon registration - they both do the same thing, but you have to choose which one you want to represent you. competition rocks!

thats it, i'm making my own union! with blackjack! and hookers!

in fact...forget the union!

• Advertisement

let's call it cardsoc??!!

that names already taken

HookerU?

seeing as card games and hookers are involved: how about cardfoc ??!!!

Sorry for confusion, I meant that we are all in the SU and that its not an us and them situation. Paul M.

crash_000 wrote:
    i'm making my own union! with blackjack!
    Union Jack?

Sasanach wanker

GOE RULE 42!

ehehhe :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

crash_000 wrote:
    GOE RULE 42!

ehehhe :D

Please don't bring that up. A travesty is what it is.

i saw your posts on the GAA forum and really amnt arsed getting into that argument with yet another person, so you're right, lets not :D

• Advertisement

Jaysus Ron, on the boards all day?

Advertisement