Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone launch the SE 700i

Options
  • 16-04-2005 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

Yes eventually Vodafone decide to bring this phone to Ireland. They launched April 7th, so off I trot in to the two Vodafone shops in Grafton street and ask for a nice new S700i. The sales people stare back blankly! I inform them that their company have just launched the phone today. I get fobbed off with it should be sometime the next week before they actually get any in stock. I try my look at another shop and same thing.

So....I waited a week and went in yesterday and now I get informed that they received an email, presumably from the handset division to say they will have them April 25th. I confirmed this in a couple of shops.

So Vodafone’s marketing department launch a product, make sure the websites updated, and make sure their shop staff and customer care are also informed of the launch date but it appears they forgot to actually get any of the phones into the shops. Is this a joke or a common occurrence with Vodafone?

Hmm O2's S700i is looking very attractive.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Mezon

Same thing happened to me... went into the henry street store last week and they told me it would be out on the 14th... rang a few shops today and got different dates .. one said they'd have it by wednesday and another said its not availible for another few weeks....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

order online..........

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

I find this really funny that people will go into one Vodafone store and they will be informed that vodafone do not sell that phone , but yet they go into another 2!!!! vodafone stores to check this out :)

Vodafone retail is nationwide lads if we dont sell it in one shop we dont sell it at all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

It's available from the 25th, surely a week won't kill anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭PhoenixRising

Do you realise that the phone will be ruined with that awful Vodafone Live software?

Vodafone in the UK limited some of the phones capabilities when they released it, like not allowing mp3's to be used as ringtones unless you download them from Vodafone Live. They'll also plaster a few Vodafone logo's on the phone's exterior. They also hijack one of the soft keys and the WAP button and hardcode them to bring you to Vodafone Live when pressed. All the Vodafone themes and screensavers etc. can't be deleted by the user, so they consume memory which could be used for more useful stuff.

Spend an extra €50-100 and get a brand new sim free S700i with the original Sony Ericsson software on it. I really hate the way Vodafone destroy so many good phones with their over-zealous branding. It's like putting a Lada engine in a Porsche 911.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭anton

Do you realise that the phone will be ruined with that awful Vodafone Live software?

Spend an extra €50-100 and get a brand new sim free S700i with the original Sony Ericsson software on it. I really hate the way Vodafone destroy so many good phones with their over-zealous branding. It's like putting a Lada engine in a Porsche 911.

Sure thing. Not to mention that you'd probably won't be able to load firmware updates from SE, and would have to wait for Vodafone-specific releases.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭r00t69

Stekelly wrote:
    It's available from the 25th, surely a week won't kill anyone.

My issue is not with the wait it was the fact that they launch on the 7th but only have stock by the 25th. This is very poor marketing IMO.
    Spend an extra €50-100 and get a brand new sim free S700i with the original Sony Ericsson software on it.

As Vodafones prices the S700i at €249 where can you get a new one for €300 ~ €350?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭PhoenixRising

r00t69 wrote:
    My issue is not with the wait it was the fact that they launch on the 7th but only have stock by the 25th. This is very poor marketing IMO.

As Vodafones prices the S700i at €249 where can you get a new one for €300 ~ €350?

Yeah, €249 on bill, €349 on Ready to Go.

Live Telecom are selling them for £274.99, which is approx €400, just €50 dearer than the RTG price. Mphone are also selling them for £279.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭mobileplaza

humm. im still debating wheter or not to give up my nokia 6600 for this phone. i love my symbain phone..

I find this really funny that people will go into one Vodafone store and they will be informed that vodafone do not sell that phone , but yet they go into another 2!!!! vodafone stores to check this out

Sarge 1. they do sell it
    Vodafone retail is nationwide lads if we dont sell it in one shop we dont sell it at all

2. Not all shops get there stock on the release date so its a better idea to ring them aint it?

• Advertisement

Vodafone retail do not sell this phone yet mezon !

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Mike Tyson

Is the April 24th date accurate? I was in grafton street yesterday and was told theyl have them in May, but when I rang vodafone they told me they were in the shops ? ? ? ?

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭r00t69

Mike Tyson wrote:
    Is the April 24th date accurate? I was in grafton street yesterday and was told theyl have them in May, but when I rang vodafone they told me they were in the shops ? ? ? ?

Vodafone have told me after April 25th...leaving it nice and loose :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭mobileplaza

we should be getting them on the 29th.

Do all Vodafone stores get them on the same day?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

Looks like its going to be from next Monday that they'll be in the shops

Any news boyos.

They are available to buy off the vodafone site. A mate in work ordered one yesterday bout 4 and it arrived this morning.

The RTG S700 has been availible of the site for a while i think. Still cant upgrade to a S700 on bill yet it still says its out of stock...

Right lads have the exact date for you guys now ok

the crack is next saturday its been released in the store but the store can ONLY get them on special order so therefore they will have to order them thursday for the customer to have it for saturday :)

hope this clears it up for you

• Advertisement

Another week, as in saturday the 7th?

Will no shops get them in before that, seeing as you can buy them over the internet and get it the next day ? ?

Mike Tyson wrote:
    Another week, as in saturday the 7th?

Will no shops get them in before that, seeing as you can buy them over the internet and get it the next day ? ?

as my post said

Cool, Sarge. How can I go about ordering one? i.e from any Vodafone store?

go into the vodafone store of your choice :) and ask can they special order one in for you on saturday if they say no they are lieing :) and post back and let me know :)

I'll do that tomoro. How do you have such knowledge. Its amazing.

before he ordered online, the guy in my jobrang the vodafone store in tallaght, only to be told by a girl that it wasnt coming out till September, he rang again and got a guy who said july, then just for good measure one of the others in the shopwent up in person only to be told thats its never coming out on rtg. So he just went ahead and ordered online.

If anyone manages to get it on bill/upgrade let us know. I dont know why they wont make it a bit easier to shell out our hard earned money.

Stekelly wrote:
    before he ordered online, the guy in my jobrang the vodafone store in tallaght, only to be told by a girl that it wasnt coming out till September, he rang again and got a guy who said july, then just for good measure one of the others in the shopwent up in person only to be told thats its never coming out on rtg. So he just went ahead and ordered online.

All phones are currently available on RTg except 3g(watch this space) so the s700i will defo be on RTG , the girl / guy sounded very unhelpful but then again to be honest the people in teh shop are always the last to know , strange but true :)
    like i said next saturday on special order :D
    Mike Tyson wrote:
    If anyone manages to get it on bill/upgrade let us know. I dont know why they wont make it a bit easier to shell out our hard earned money.

as my post said to you if you want it on bill and arent buying online then read me post ;)

Can I order a bill upgrade online, Sarge?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

Will be getting my own on Tuesday, Vodafone Staff offer :)

Advertisement