Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone launch the SE 700i

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

yes you certainly can upgrade online :)

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭r00t69

Popped into the voda shop in Grafton Street today and got dismissed with some mention of May...yep that was as much info as I got.

Anyway just ordered mine online from Nomatica for €391 + shipping. Not in stock yet but there's no way I am giving Vodafone any money for the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Mike Tyson

Stekelly wrote:
    They are available to buy off the vodafone site. A mate in work ordered one yesterday bout 4 and it arrived this morning.

Would a bill paying upgrade come as fast as that?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

r00t69 wrote:
    Popped into the voda shop in Grafton Street today and got dismissed with some mention of May...yep that was as much info as I got.

Anyway just ordered mine online from Nomatica for €391 + shipping. Not in stock yet but there's no way I am giving Vodafone any money for the phone.

Dont think i'd put my hatred of a company ahead of saving €130 ( its €349 with €80 credit.) I like the €130 in my pocket where it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,956 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Yeah, €249 on bill, €349 on Ready to Go.

Live Telecom are selling them for £274.99, which is approx €400, just €50 dearer than the RTG price. Mphone are also selling them for £279.

Hmmmmmmmm, i like the look of the samsung d500, and its a nice price on mPhone. Is it a trustworthy site?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭PhoenixRising

Tauren wrote:
    Hmmmmmmmm, i like the look of the samsung d500, and its a nice price on mPhone. Is it a trustworthy site?

Yeah, very much so. I've bought my last 3 phones off them. In each case I had the phone at my door with Fedex in 48hrs. Very professional service.

They're still out of stock on the Vodafone website as an upgrade. Absolute state of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

It's very odd that Vodafone are out of them on bill pay only. As under the new one pack system, you use the same pack for both RTG and billpay. The only logical reason, therefore, that they couldn't sell the bill pay one is if they are out of the upgrade equipment packs, which would mean they couldn't sell any bill pay phones. hhhmmm....

Can someone just clear this up for good. Vodafone dont seem to have an idea about whats going on.

Mike Tyson wrote:
    Can someone just clear this up for good. Vodafone dont seem to have an idea about whats going on.

How many times do you want this "cleared up" for you read my post answer is there :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Doublezero8

Sarge wrote:
    How many times do you want this "cleared up" for you read my post answer is there :eek:

I take it the reason people are reposting is because what you are telling them is not what the agents are doing.

From talking to agent support most agents are telling customer they are not in stock and won't be for another month i presume this is what is causing the confusion !!

Ye. I rang Vodafone, they said the phones are in the shops and gave me the number of the shop to ring: the shop then tells me they dont have them and some shops said june.

Il try Sarges method tomorrow, but I don't see how the ordinary consumer could find out about this special order malark. How did you find out, Sarge

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

For any one who cares the CPW are selling it for €379 sim free now according to their magazine. I would get it but the k750i is to close to being released

Mike Tyson wrote:
    Ye. I rang Vodafone, they said the phones are in the shops and gave me the number of the shop to ring: the shop then tells me they dont have them and some shops said june.

Il try Sarges method tomorrow, but I don't see how the ordinary consumer could find out about this special order malark. How did you find out, Sarge

Let me know how you get on with that , the people selling the phones in the store are the last to know about the release date and also the price so its not their fault :cool:

Got an email today from Vodafone.

I'll have it tomorrow, in my pocket.

Lovely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Mezon

Yeah got mine in naas today. wayhey :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

what do you think of it?
    [3 more weeks until my upgrade kicks in]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Mezon

yeah i like it . its a big step up from a 6220 :p still trying to get used to the ui and texting as the keypad is v shaped... but overall two thumbs up!!!

smaller Vodafone stores wont be getting any this weekend only the bigger stores and even then its only 1 for the bigger store , Vodafone retail got TEN only for this weekend for all of ireland :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 939 ✭✭✭chicken_food

My dad picked one of these up today. He works up in Naas and rang to tell them he would be picking one up-'they said theres a waiting list yada yada' He complained-said hed like to port to o2 and they quickly changed there tune. He picked up the phone complete with a car kit and care package for free. The phone is amazing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Everyone is sayin this phone is amazing but how bad is the vodafone branding on it. Cause im considering buying it from the CPW for €30 extra without the branding

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭PhoenixRising

Richie6904 wrote:
    Everyone is sayin this phone is amazing but how bad is the vodafone branding on it. Cause im considering buying it from the CPW for €30 extra without the branding

It would definitely be worth it. I have an original Sony Ericsson model and there's no way I'll ever get a Vodafone branded phone again after how they ruined the T610, and now the K700i and S700i.

Its branded to bits, which ruins it as far as im concerned . Definately spend the extra.

what has it got done?
    how can it be much worse than the t610?

any one?

Advertisement