Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Showing all incoming callers IDs

Options
  • 16-04-2005 11:37am
    Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭

Hi!
    Just wondering does anybody know how to activate all incoming caller ID's. I recently saw someone who had a phone, and if you rang it your number would come up no matter what. If you hide your ID, whether ringing from a mobile or landline, your number would still come up. She boguht the phone 2nd hand so she didnt know how it was activated. I know that every call that is made, your ID is sent, but the network give you the ability to hide it from the callers handset. But apparantley there is a code you can type in to force the network to send you their ID.
    If anyone knows, I would be very very appreciaitve!
    Thanks,
    aNtOdEcO

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

I know someone with that too. But she has it because she works in Skodafone. As far as I know it must be setup within the phone company and it is illegal to do so.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Hmm, apparently theres a code you can type in that activates it. As to legality wise, im sure its your personal right to know who is calling you. If it came to it, im sure you can challenge it on the grounds of freedom of information act stating that they it is your right. Dunno tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭BigMoose

There is no code that you can type in but it can be done on the network. It is not legal to do so.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Ahh, I knew it would only be a matter of time before this number got out, yes there is a number I am using it myself but g'luck to you trying to get it ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭beller b

Lenny wrote:
    Ahh, I knew it would only be a matter of time before this number got out, yes there is a number I am using it myself but g'luck to you trying to get it ;)
    Your waffling!!!!!!!

Anyway why does anyone turn thier ID off? I think its sad... Honestly how may people do you call that would not know your number anyway.... & if you are making some dodgy call where you dont want your number seen you can simply use #31#

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Wll the code described as " Lets you see the private number " does not work on a 6110 anyway. Just tested it.

Advertisement