Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Team Boards Athletic (amstel 5 a side)

• 16-04-2005 12:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.amstel.ie/default.php?agecheck=yes

Amstel and the Daily Star 5 a side.

32 teams picked at random to play in a comptetion where the final is in ISTANBUL and played right before the champions league final.

Winners receive free holiday and copious amounts of beer.
    Tourney is on next week in Dublin, particpants must not pro footballers and over 18.

Need 7 names :D

(also pm your real name for entrance reasons. )

1. Kdjac
    2. Ste Kelly
    3. PHB
    4. irish1 (provisional)
    5. Bk Dzr (provisional)
    6. Seansouth

Team Boards Athletic is a working title :)

Times and dates unkown so kinda hard to plan around :)

kdjac

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I'm in.

I think I can be open with my real name, Stephen Kelly. Is this being done on a first come first serve basis ? Should we not at least play a couple of games and pick the best 7?

**EDIT** just saw the tournament is on next week, so maybe 1 trial game, I lso may not b in, depending on when it is. Ive to have an operation to remove a pin in my finger possibly next week. I'll be ok if the tournament is this side of the operation but will be out for 2-3 weeks after. I've already missed 2months of football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Teams are picked at random, more fun if we just show if picked.

Oh and Mr Daily Star reporter who reads boards, can we get in please ;)

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I'm in, is it on at the weekend or during the week?

Think its next weekend.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

damn leaving cert.Otherwise i'd offer my Goalkeeping services

• Advertisement

TimAy wrote:
    damn leaving cert.Otherwise i'd offer my Goalkeeping services

Screw school ...think of glory.......
    :)

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Whats the venue?

Amstel are very vague about locations and dates.

I would reckon it be an AUL complex or somewhere like 3 rock rovers.

Terms and Conditions Governing Applications to take part in the Amstel League of Champions
    1. The promoter is Heineken Ireland Ltd, Leitrim St. Cork. 2. You must be over 18 years of age and reside in Republic of Ireland to apply to participate in the Amstel League of Champions Soccer Tournament. 3. If requested by Heineken Ireland Ltd, all winners must agree to take part in any publicity regarding their prize. 4. Employees of Heineken Ireland Ltd associated companies and agencies or companies connected to this promotion or employees of participating outlets may not enter the competition. 5. The determination and definition of residence and qualification for entry shall be at the sole discretion of Heineken Ireland. 6. Applicants' and tournament participants' details will not be used for any other purpose whatsoever without prior permission. 7. Application to participate in the Amstel League of Champions Soccer Tournament shall be deemed to be a full and unconditional acceptance of the terms and conditions of this competition and of the Playing Rules of the Amstel League of Champions. 8. A failure to adhere to these terms and conditions shall result in disqualification from the competition and, if necessary, forfeiture of the prize. 9. Entry to the Amstel League of Champions is confined to persons who complete and submit, before the entry deadline, a valid entry form containing specified contact details for the team captain and the names of 6 other players whom the captain nominates to play on their team in the Amstel League of Champions Soccer Tournament. The captain must also nominate a regional centre from the following list: Dublin, Cork, Galway, Limerick or Waterford. League Division matches will be played versus other qualifying applicants who select the same regional centre 10. No panel member on a League Team shall be a professional football player 11. The entry deadline for receipt of valid applications to participate in the Amstel League of Champions is midnight on Sunday 17th April 2005 12. Heineken Ireland Ltd accepts no responsibility for applications to participate in the Amstel League of Champions not received. 13. When the entry deadline has passed, 32 Applicants (hereafter referred to as "League Teams") will be selected by draw to participate in the Amstel League of Champions. 16 teams will be selected from amongst those applicants nominating Dublin as a regional centre, and 4 teams will be selected from amongst those applicants nominating each of Galway, Cork, Limerick and Waterford as their regional centre 14. Each League Team will be contacted forthwith by Amstel and informed of their selection to participate in the Amstel League of Champions. 15. Each League Team will be allocated to a League Division containing 4 League Teams. There will be 8 League Divisions - 4 League Divisions being in Dublin and 1 League Division being in each of Cork, Galway, Limerick and Waterford. 16. A Regional Referee shall be appointed by Amstel to each regional centre 17. Each league team shall play the other 3 teams in their League Division at the times notified to the captain of each league team by the Regional Referee 18. The captain of each League Team shall be responsible for agreeing playing times with the Regional Referee. 19. League division games must be completed by midnight on 7 May 2005 20. League division games will be governed by the Playing Rules of the Amstel League of Champions, available from each Regional Referee and from Heineken Ireland Ltd 21. The top two League Teams from each League Division will qualify to play in the Amstel League of Champions National Final Day which will be held in Dublin on Saturday 14th May 2005. 22. Each panel member of the League Team which wins the Amstel League of Champions National Final will win a trip to the UEFA Champions League Final 2005 in Istabul, Turkey. Flights and accommodation will be provided by Amstel 23. No cash alternative is available. 24. Heineken Ireland reserves the right to amend or withdraw this offer in whole or in part at any given time. 25. No purchase necessary. 26. The judge's decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into. 27. For entry form or full terms and conditions write to Amstel, P.O. Box 9608, Dublin 2.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

If you get stuck for one give me a PM.

Morrow midnight is closing date :)

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

Id be up for this but id need a time etc as darkside is on next weekend as well :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Stick me down KdjaC, if you'll take a Shels fan for your team :p

Will PM you now.

K you be Dyer and i be Bowyer :)

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

:D

3-1....what?

seansouth wrote:
    :D

3-1....what?

Did yah see me dancing when we scored was just below rent a crowd. being the only person at that end dancing made me stand out was on de telly too.......

Twas my moment :)

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

I'd be well up for it!! Haha, probably way too late anyway.....

No your were number 7 just entered there :D

LOL had to make some names for some people so ehh just play along :)

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Oh, btw im 18 on Tuesday....hope i just make it!!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

I'd put me name down alright but I reckons that I should leave it to the young bucks ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

any idea what time next week yet?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Emmo

if you need a fat mouthy one I would love a little run out.

I play 5 a side every week and 11 a side for my company so im not really ****, just a little crap.

Emmo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Emmo wrote:
    if you need a fat mouthy one I would love a little run out.

I play 5 a side every week and 11 a side for my company so im not really ****, just a little crap.

Emmo

My spot might be up for grabs, It looks like I could be getting the pins taken out of my finger on Friday, so I doubt I'll be able to playunder general anesthetic (sp?) :) . Ill post back later in the week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

KdjaC wrote:
    Did yah see me dancing when we scored was just below rent a crowd. being the only person at that end dancing made me stand out was on de telly too.......

Twas my moment :)

kdjac
    Lies! :) I was in that stand too as I went with a Pats fan (the shame! :D).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Emmo

Thanks Ste,

Emmet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Ill play, theres posters up for it in the tallaght astro park so reckon thats where its being held, possiby coolock aswell

Advertisement