Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there any BroadBand available to the outback of Roscommon

• 16-04-2005 12:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

We live in the Donamon Area, Between Castlerae and Roscommon Town (7 miles outside) Eircom has promised numerous times to update exchange with no results each time it seems to be put off another 6 months... So does anyone have any idea if there is a wireless broadband available to us that doesn't coast an arm and a leg like digiweb. We are on a limited income bugdet and can not afford to purchase satellite equipment. Thank you for any help you may afford us. Jdeehere

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Xcellor

Don't hold your breath.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 191 ✭✭Poz3D

As far as I know Last Mile Wireless (http://www.lastmile.ie) should cover your area. I've heard they have customers in Roscommon town and Ballinlough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

But they charge 250 to set you up and then 50 a month for 512/128. IMO 250 for setting you up is "an arm and a leg"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

According to their website, Roscommon Town is enabled. More than likely they would not be in a position to provide you with a connection 7 miles out but best to email them and ask.

Otherwise, getting involved in a group broadband scheme (maybe with co-operation from lastmile?) would be the way to go..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 jdeehere

Thanks Guys but there is no broadband out here that I know of, Roscommon town has been on line now for over a year but us folks just 7 miles outside of town have no such luck. I appreciate the replys I can't afford a 250 hook-up and 50 a month thats a little like highway robbery I guess I'm just stuck with dial up ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 191 ✭✭Poz3D

FuzzyLogic wrote:
    But they charge 250 to set you up and then 50 a month for 512/128. IMO 250 for setting you up is "an arm and a leg"
    Just to get the facts right, the 512/128 service is €39 a month and the connection is €299. The connection price is that high because they use hi-tech WiMAX equipment, which is expensive at the moment.

If you're part of GBS funding, the connection drops to €99. All the right info is on the website.

Advertisement