Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where can I find some fancy 2x1GB RAM?

Options
  • 16-04-2005 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭

do a lot of graphics work - photoshop and after effects - and want to find some low latency RAM 2x1GB. nothing in komplett or Elara and found this in Scan.co.uk

Corsair XMS - DDR TwinX
    2GB (2x1GB), DDR400, 2x128Mx64, non-ECC, 2x184 DIMM, unbuffered, 2-3-3-6, Silver H/S, L/T Warranty

anything cheaper closer im missing?

when will venice be here...

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭flatface

thanks for those, have just checked them I can't find anything lower than 3 CAS so i think I'll go with the Corsair twinX
    If I manage to get hold of a venice 3500+ 2x1GB will be at 1T
    rather than 2T if I go for 4x512
    Does this make a huge difference?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Patriot have a 2GB kit with 2-3-2-5-T1 timings.

Great I'll try and find those patriots. If you know a supplier let me know.

Sorry I know this is off thread:
    Can anyone a good feature packed 939 board. I was all settled on the MSI K8N neo 4 but have noticed lots of mention of a noisy northbridge fan and I was trying to build something quiet (and powerful :) )

possible spec:
    antec SLK3000B
    3500+ venice
    Enermax Noisetaker EG 495ax-ve
    2GB RAM kit - patriots or geil value - when i price the patriots
    graphics - gigabyte Passive - probably a 6600
    Drives - 2x samsung spinpoint SATA 200GB
    Monitor - DELL 2001FP 20"

• Advertisement

flatface wrote:
    Great I'll try and find those patriots. If you know a supplier let me know.

Sorry I know this is off thread:
    Can anyone a good feature packed 939 board. I was all settled on the MSI K8N neo 4 but have noticed lots of mention of a noisy northbridge fan and I was trying to build something quiet (and powerful :) )

possible spec:
    antec SLK3000B
    3500+ venice
    Enermax Noisetaker EG 495ax-ve
    2GB RAM kit - patriots or geil value - when i price the patriots
    graphics - gigabyte Passive - probably a 6600
    Drives - 2x samsung spinpoint SATA 200GB
    Monitor - DELL 2001FP 20"

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Gigabyte_Socket_939.html

Take no notice of the fan on the nForce 4x chipset, new revisions of this mobo have a larger passive heatsink.

nForce4 Ultra, Asus are also good as are DFI.

http://www.giga-byte.com/MotherBoard/Products/Products_GA-K8N%20Ultra-9.htm

Thanks for that Richard,

Just to clarify - All nforce 4 revised boards have a passive cooler now or just the gigabyte board you recommended?
    As for the patriots have you had stuff delivered from the states to Ireland before? Worked out OK?

here is the corsairs - corsair twins

There are issues with ordering from the US, warranty and support to name but a few, customs and VAT is another. I don't recomend you do such a thing for the reasons stated already and more.

US websites won't deliver outside the US, those that do will declare the full value of the items, thus you'll be liable for VAT and customs charges.

As for the passive heatsinks, there are different motherboards available from Gigabyte based on nForce 4x, Ultra and SLI...you'd really have to have a good snoop at their website.

I am not sure Asus or DFI have passive versions of their motherboards or not.

That Corsair kit is excellent, i've always bought Corsair...my experince has been 100% possitive, the one time i had faulty modules Corsair sent me new one's by UPS with no questions asked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,608 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

anyone know off the top of their head, what the warranty on corsair memory is? I have a 512mb stick from dec 2003 which always gives problems in a machine

Lifetime warranty. But first i suggest you fully test the DIMM. Use it in another PC if you have access to one, try different DIMM slots on the mobo and definately run memtest86+

http://www.memtest.org/

If it report any errors print off a report and email Corsair for RMA, they are in the US so i'd advise mailing anything by registered mail.

Advertisement