Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iriver

Options
  • 16-04-2005 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭

hey guys. was just wondering if any of u had a iriver h340? am considering getting one and was just wondering how they were.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Kevo

Its the best player around. Have a look at http://www.misticriver.net/

They will tell you everything you want to know about it. Its also useful for tips on encoding videos for the h340.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

yeah have the h340. brilliant device but I would suggest shelling out for decent headphones too!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bigslick

so can u really play movies on it then? cos that would be awesome!!!! also is it bulky as id be commuting into to college and out with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭Tony

bigslick wrote:
    so can u really play movies on it then? cos that would be awesome!!!! also is it bulky as id be commuting into to college and out with it.

yes it does play video, i use iriverter software for this

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

care to elaborate on how well it plays movies? Can you watch movies on them? My friend has one. and he had some soccer matches on it but i think the frame rate is too slow to watch a proper film well. Care to correct me?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭conformist

iriver = no good at all

they are for smelly people with bad hair

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Besides the fact the screen is tiny, it only plays at 10fps, which some people seem to find bad but it looks fine to me. The lip sync is slightly out with the video but who cares really? You can convert DVDs to the proper format. It's really cool, It's not bulky at all really, ok, it's not as small as a Zen Micro or iRiver H10. You wont find the size a problem unless your wearing skin tight trousers and have no pockets in your jacket, hoodie etc.

as far as I know www.mx2.co.uk have the best price on it.

conformist wrote:
    iriver = no good at all

they are for smelly people with bad hair

Well they may not be as fashionable as an iPod, but they are certainly better. So just because their owners go for the better player, doesn't mean they are smelly with bad hair :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭Tony

care to elaborate on how well it plays movies? Can you watch movies on them? My friend has one. and he had some soccer matches on it but i think the frame rate is too slow to watch a proper film well. Care to correct me?

I've only copied 1 avi onto it so far so cant really comment either way. Its 99.9 % for music in my case.

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

I've got one, and been using iriver players for a year now. love my 340 to bits, the radio is actually a great plus to have, Even though i love my tunes, it's handy to switch over for the sports news or whatever to hear the football scores ;)

for music, there's loads of different audio settings, although these drain the battery more than the normal setting (which i use all the time, i find it perfectly adequate especially for commuting).

the colour screen is very snazzzz

and the thing is bloody durable (mine has been given a good battering in rucksacks and *even* dropped once or twice) it's the same surface area as the ipod and i'd say about 3/4 of a cm thicker than the 20 gig ipod, but it is a 40gb drive so obviously that explains a large portion of the difference.

• Advertisement

ok looks like ill be getting one then. cheers for that site cormie, appreciate it. last question, wats the difference between the SE edition and normal? :confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,429 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I've had a H320 since just before Easter. It has cut out 4 times, just stopped, had to preset the reset button on the side. Has anyone else had this? Battery was full as possible from being charged the night before. Maybe it's some setting I have on it, definitely wasn't accidently pressing the buttons in my pocket or anything like that.

It may be your player, my brother has one and so does my friend and neither of them have reported this.

the SE version is basically cut back on some accessories. Have a look to see which is best for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭lad12

Hey guys has anyone used www.SkinIt.com to buy a skin for their iriver?Im just wondering what they are like.Is there anywhere else i can buy a skin for the Iriver?

These should be available in about 4 weeks for iRiver 3XX series.

I wouldn't bother with the SkinIt personally as it's 2 bits of adhesive paper you stick on the front and back of your player to give it a different look, it doesn't protect or anything.

cormie wrote:
    These should be available in about 4 weeks for iRiver 3XX series.

I wouldn't bother with the SkinIt personally as it's 2 bits of adhesive paper you stick on the front and back of your player to give it a different look, it doesn't protect or anything.

How do you know that they is going to be available in 4 weeks?Thanks for info on the other site..i thought that the ones on skinit where the same as these.

Hi,
    Post number 326 in this thread:)

cormie wrote:
    Hi,
    Post number 326 in this thread:)

Ah rite...i see there is a new firmware 1.28k..have you installed this on your H320?or will it work..

I don't have the H3XX, I have the 1XX, My brother installed 1.28, it works fine.

Click here to download v1.28

You'll probably be downloading the EU version.

OK Thanks for that.

• Advertisement

hey cormie is that site www.mx2.co.uk reliable? just wondering as its just a very good price.

Yeah it is, I orders 8 days before xmas day and i still got it before xmas so your not gonna get much better then that.Ring them is the best option..And if ya use TeleStunt to make the call ya will get it at local rate.

just ring them and they will sort you out:)

ok cheers ill order it off them then. one final question, wat do ut hink 20 or 40gb? have a good bit of music and want to put some videos on it so i dont really know.

Ive the H320 but id buy the H340 now since the prices have fell

if you have the money, definitely get the 40GB, once you fill the 20 you'll be kicking yourself!! And this will do you for a good few years, unless you want to upgrade again so you'll be getting more music in them few years too.

Advertisement