Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help with guitar for song!

Options
  • 16-04-2005 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭

my cousin is getting married next month and she asked me would i play guitar at the ceremony.She has an excellent singer to sing "The Cloud's Veil" by Liam Lawton.I've only been playing guitar for around 4/5 years and im ok at it but nothing special.
    Basically i went and bought the sheet music for the song and ive worked out the correct key and chords for it but i just can't seem to get it to sound correct. The recording of the song i have from Liam Lawton's another world cd has a couple of singers and a few different layers of piano and strings on it so it's quite hard to hear the guitar in the song.
    I was just wondering if anybody had any tab or maybe knew anywhere i could listen to an acoustic version of the song?

thanks a lot

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

www.guitartabs.cc is really good if that address dont work just google Guitar Tab Universe and Taborama.com is fairly good aswell.Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Velvet Vocals

maybe you should think about going to a teacher just for one to two lessons, they could give you some advise on the way to play it and how to get it sounding just right. It is a very special occasion.... and I just happen to know a very good guitar teacher, who's rates are excellent :D See how I worked that one in!
    If you are interested then you can PM me and I'll send you back the details.

Advertisement