Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF7 PC Help

Options
  • 16-04-2005 3:50pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Is it just me or does it crash just when ya go to that rocket town place and rob the plan...just after the cut scene where the plane gets shot, I had been at it for ages and it kept crashing just there.I tried running it in softweare mode and everything...its quite frustrating,I downloaded saves from past that...but its just not the same

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭tibilt

same thing happens to me except it's at the golden saucer when you have to enter the chocobo races for your freedom. the screen goes blank when i leave for the race and the game just crashes.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Niall - Dahlia

Ah the joys of console gaming; stability.

You have to download somebody elses save? Wouldn't be able to do that myself, would feel like somebody elses party, but I guess you have little choice. Something about developing your party over time, I guess it's the same with any party-based RPG.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Lyconix

There are a few things you could try:

(1) Check the CD. If it is scratched, then the game could crash at a particular cutscene, as those are loaded from the CD each time as far as I know. Could you borrow a CD from a friend? There are CD cleaning kits you can buy that fill out any scratches on the CD, so if its scratched, this could be worth a try.
    (2) Try running the game on a different machine with an older operating system installed. Maybe certain bits of FF7 don't agree with newer operating systems.

I'd be more inclined towards (1) being the problem; (2) seems something of a long shot, but you never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

there is an xp patch, if u are using xp that is......

FF7 XP Patch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭airetam_storm

The video of Ultimate Weapons blowing up just gets skipped on mine :rolleyes: but i think alot of problems are caused by the OS, 2000 refuses to work 95(w\out the SP's installed) crashes out after 20mins and 98 plays videos backwards :rolleyes:

SP2 on XP fixes the need for the XP patch i thinks?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

The Chocobo racing failure is due to using XP would be my guess since the same thing happens on my new system whereas the old one (Windows Me) ran it fine. As for crashing out during the rocket launch sequence that used to happen me too when I tried play it on an old P75 pentium, you sure your system specs are good enough? It might be incompatable with Win 95 (that was what was on the P75) too perhaps?
    As I've said to friends it seems that every time Microsoft brings out a new version of windows fewer and fewer games can actually run on it! Will they ever get lost and leave us to enjoy our classics! :mad:

PS. Thanks for the patch, didn't bother searching myself as I thought they'd never bother for a game as old as this (amazing classic as it is!).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Works fine for me but i hav'nt go very far yet.
    Also could someone tell me what the default controls for ecsaping from battle are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

The crashing pre-rocket village happened to me as well on the PS1. It just came down to the disc being scratched :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

hummm...ya see i couldnt buy it anywhere, so its a dl (its ok if the games discontinued right??? :o ) so its not a cd error, have the patch, did the save from post rocket launch but still i'd like my own party...sniffle

Advertisement