Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vodafone Porting issues

Options
  • 16-04-2005 4:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭

Had my meteor number ported to vodafone last weekend and was active on Sunday morning. Went to send text messages on tuesday, no joy. Checked settings all ok. Rang skodafone and they said that it was not setup at all. I was told it was not setup during the porting.

Is this a common occurance? Today I find wap and MMS not working either.

Thanks for your feedback

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Fandango

Bond-007 wrote:
    Had my meteor number ported to vodafone last weekend and was active on Sunday morning. Went to send text messages on tuesday, no joy. Checked settings all ok. Rang skodafone and they said that it was not setup at all. I was told it was not setup during the porting.

Is this a common occurance? Today I find wap and MMS not working either.

Thanks for your feedback

The setting you have on your fone will be for Meteor. When you send a message, it will try send it through the Meteor service. You need to get the Message Centre Number ect from Vodafone and it shud work then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

nope, all settings are correct, text messages only worked since i called vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭BigMoose

I think the SMSC number is stored on the SIM, so once VF sorted it on the network you were able to send. Wap/MMS settings are stored in the phone and will need to be updated. Also you will need to be provisioned for both on the network. Have they sorted this yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

well obviously your going to have to check the mms settings on your phone if you didnt buy the phone in a vodafone store and also ring the help desk make sure that the your set up on the hlr for mms

use this link to select your phone and input the settings , let me know how you get on

http://www.vodafone.ie/live/config/index.jsp

All fine as regards settings, so it looks like they just havent provisioned any services.

• Advertisement

Bond-007 wrote:
    All fine as regards settings, so it looks like they just havent provisioned any services.

yeah sounds that way , ring 1850 20 87 87 ask to be set up on the hlr

Rang them again, now i can send mms messages. Seems to be a lot of issues when porting. :(

when porting first came in i mean retaining your 086/087/085 com reg forced it upon the networks and they were never ready for it , still arent

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Sarge wrote:
    when porting first came in i mean retaining your 086/087/085 com reg forced it upon the networks and they were never ready for it , still arent
    The networks are set up, normally there in no problem.

There is a issue with porting believe me ,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Sarge wrote:
    There is a issue with porting believe me ,

What do you mean by that? Seriously, cos I havent seen many issues?

RachG wrote:
    What do you mean by that? Seriously, cos I havent seen many issues?

well basically the fact that if you were to go into a vodafone store this morning and port your number there was a porting problem
    Vodafone were not clear to port this happens every so often also with o2 and meteor not been cleared to port happens all the time , because the networks are always updateing a porting network that was very dodgey on launch !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Sarge wrote:

Slightly wrong there Sarge,
    All 3 networks knew years in Advance that fmnp (Full mobile number portability) would be launched.

As vodafone were the oldest established operator with all their network systems already in place they had the most work to do before launch integrating the new porting systems.

Both O2 & meteor actually developed all their systems with FMNP in mind.
    Sarge wrote:
    well basically the fact that if you were to go into a vodafone store this morning and port your number there was a porting problem
    Vodafone were not clear to port this happens every so often also with o2 and meteor not been cleared to port happens all the time , because the networks are always updateing a porting network that was very dodgey on launch !

Vodafone & O2 occasionally go not clear to port for various reasons, Meteor never go not clear as mentioned above, they developed all of there systems for porting, so saying they go not clear "all the time," is blatantly wrong

Even if an operator goes not clear to port, you can still request to port your number. porting is generally a hassle free experience for the vast majority.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭v10

A-Trak wrote:
    ...Meteor never go not clear...
    Well thats certainly not true. Meteor are not 'clear to port' as much as the other networks.
    In fact Meteor are not 'clear to port' tomorrow from 10am to 2pm. Usually all networks are given advance notice of all porting outages.

As for the provisioning problem, this is a handset related issue. When you connect to vodafone (whether porting or otherwise), your line should be setup to suit your handset. i.e. live for live handset mms for mms handset etc. But lately there has been issues where this hasn't been happening. But its happening accross the board, not just with ports. Sms not working after porting does happen but not very often.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

v10 wrote:
    Well thats certainly not true. Meteor are not 'clear to port' as much as the other networks.
    In fact Meteor are not 'clear to port' tomorrow from 10am to 2pm. Usually all networks are given advance notice of all porting outages.

Sorry, bit of blanket statement, my mistake.
    Meteors outages are always scheduled outages, for system upgrades etc, with plenty of forewarning.

Both Vodafone & Meteors can go down due to system outages at the drop of a hat.

Advertisement