Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College Help

Options
  • 16-04-2005 5:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭

Hey all,

Just wondering has anybody ever studied abroad as part of college coarse? In particular with regards to Germany and the socrates / erasmus program?

I'm supposed to do it mysef so I'm kind of wondering how it works. How much it costs mosty. I hear you can apply to get a grant from the EU (I think this is handled in Ireland by the HEA or maybe Leargas). Anyone know how much is the typical amount? I should be abIe to get a higher than average grant myself but does anyone know how much where talking about here?

It costs near 3,500 to live on campus in your average Irish university so I'm kind of anxious to see how I'm going get the money to pay for it in Germany (not to mention subsistance food for a year!). Basically can anybody give there experiences if they have went on the Erasmus/ Socrates program to France/ Germany? Or maybe places to find more info?

I was also thinking do you get an increase in your higher education grant if you are spending that particular year abroad? I know in Ireland if you have to more lets say up to Dublin to go to Uni from lets say Cork, they would take that into account and give you more assistance. I'm wondering if this would apply to going abroad for a year?

Any Help appreciated!

Advertisement