Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone recognise this guy?

• 16-04-2005 5:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭

04142005_132317_C01-1.jpg

Stole my wallet outside Spar in Cork airport business park on Thursday 14th April at around 1:24pm. Might be airport staff, the eternally useless airport police reckon he's a contractor due to the pants he's wearing.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭littlejay

best of luck tracking him down
    pure scum happened me dad last week in the cuty at a bus stop

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Was it in your car or did he grab it off you ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

I dunno look at the shoes, wouldnt say its a contractor myself. best bet it go up there again lunch time chances are prob slim but if ya do give him one for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Is it not a bit dodgy putting pictures like that up here?

why sure?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

How did he steal your wallet rymus, pickpocket or something else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

look like waterproof pants, could be a cyclist maybe and shouldn't you say "allegedly" anyway

There jeans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭littlejay

they look like work pants to me to be honest.

very loose cut on the ends of them unlike jeans and it looks like there a flap where the pockets are on dickies slacks i got in my job too. but i could be wrong . just telling as i see the pic.

I still think there jeans having a close look at them.Just wouldnt see someone like that wearing a "good"jacket and good shoes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Amz wrote:
    Is it not a bit dodgy putting pictures like that up here?

probably... but if the mods feel it shouldnt be here I'll leave it to them to remove it.

as for how he got it, that's more or less my fault. it dropped out of my pocket just before I got into my van and on backing out of the space and driving a few metres I saw this guy picking it up. jumped out of van, called to him, he legged it and I nearly got hit by a car trying to catch him. he disappeared somewhere and I didn't see him again. Pity everyone that was sitting in their cars eating their sandwiches were so blind cos I asked a few of them what he looked like/where he went and I got a "jeez boy, I dunno like".

So vile stupidity on my part but in all fairness, the guy could just have handed it back when he saw I was coming for it. That was my little bit of drama for the end of the week anyway. dont judge me too harshly :D

and before anyone flames me for being a complete gob****e, I've given him the benefit of the doubt by giving plenty of time for him to drop the wallet into the spar shop/airport police or any security guard around the place. I've been talking to them all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

OMG .. this is just like Crimewatch! >_<

Where's Anne Doyle?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

It was good of them to give you the footage though... My purse got stolen (coming out of a nightclub in cork) before, and I didn't bother reporting it, cause, like, what's the point? But then a bank called me and told me that the guy had tried to guess my pin number at an ATM machine and that they had him on camera.

After being sent from one garda station to the next one (not our area, you have to go here.. blablabla) I finally gave a statement, and gave them the name of the guy who told me he would keep the tape there for them... funny I never heard anything after that...
    sometimes I feel like they just don't care, it wasn't so much that mine was taken, it was moreso that the scumbag could take someone elses...

I can't see you having much luck if you report it, but posting it up like that is a pretty good idea, I wish I'd thought of it and gotten the footage of the guy who took mine!

Good luck with the hunt!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Winters wrote:
    OMG .. this is just like Crimewatch! >_<

Where's Anne Doyle?

Under the news desk, 'playing' with Sharon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Kinda looks like Pat Shortt :confused:

SyxPak wrote:
    Under the news desk, 'playing' with Sharon.

now theres an image i wont be able to scrub out of my head for a frightening amount of time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Have you put a wanted poster up in the spar? Thieving scum, I hate them all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Email all your friends in Cork with the link.

FX Meister wrote:
    Have you put a wanted poster up in the spar? Thieving scum, I hate them all.

I had thought about it... put a price on the guys head; "Dead or Alive". I reckon it'd last about 20 mins in the shop window before the manager shreds it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 dondonjordan

You should try to go to every shop that sells pants and ask if they recognise the model.

Advertisement