Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Web Templates

Options
  • 16-04-2005 7:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I was hoping that you could recommend some good sites for downloading FREE website templates and images/flash intros that we could use to build our own website.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

Don't think that will happen, and thats why no one has bothered to answer you, its a bit of a dumb question! You will have to pay for such material, as you are paying into the copyrght license which allows you to use it and in some cases make money from it (whether your website is to make money or not).

A good place to start for templates is www.templates.com or my favourite www.xara.com.

Seanie.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

www.markfail.com have website templates from £20! They look quite well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

The problem with buying templates is that:
    - the quality is usually not that great
    - lots of other people buy the same ones
    - you keep on seeing the same templates over and over
    - they look like a template

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Plus to get a really unique template you have to normally pay a large fee to template website, so that they never re-sell a particular template again - but unfortunately there is nothing stopping people having bought and used the template before you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭FreeHost

blacknight wrote:
    The problem with buying templates is that:
    - the quality is usually not that great
    - lots of other people buy the same ones
    - you keep on seeing the same templates over and over
    - they look like a template

Yes I would agree with the above, however, if you are handy enough with Photoshop and you have the .psd file of the template, you could edit it and make it unique for you.

The downside is that you would probably spend as much time editing the psd file as you would creating a new one from scratch, but it would give you a few base ideas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Damien

If you were good with photoshop you wouldn't have any reason to buy a template in the first place.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

For some fairly basic freebies try www.elated.com/pagekits/

Pay a visit to www.templatemonster.com they are all pays ones but they have a decent free example

And sometimes looking at a picture of a layout on a template site can give you a basic layout or color scheme design without having to actually pay for one

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

oh yeah google "free website templates" theres hundreds of em you just have to sort through the ****e ones is all

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭yeraulone

man, I hate templates.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

OK, they are not free, they are not expensive, but **** ME they are good...

check out http://www.themooseisloose.net/templates/index.html

Check out some of the 3D ones, incredible...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Bytecon

Zascar wrote:
    OK, they are not free, they are not expensive, but **** ME they are good...

check out http://www.themooseisloose.net/templates/index.html

Check out some of the 3D ones, incredible...

That's just a http://www.templatemonster.com reseller .. affiliate program ..

Advertisement