Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of living

• 16-04-2005 7:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Can anyone guesstimate the cost of living in Dublin? I'm seriously considering going to school there, but money seems to be a big issue.

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Can anyone guesstimate the cost of living in Dublin? I'm seriously considering going to school there, but money seems to be a big issue.

Cheers!

By school, i presume you mean university!!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 friendly_mammal

yup, university

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,457 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Rent http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=217632

It's largely down to what you expect and how you buy. A lot of people buy in convenience shops and spend 50% over supermarket prices.

Sharing house with students - €400/month
    Bus fare UCD - city €1.50(?) one-way
    Milk (fresh) 1L - €1
    Bread 800g - €1+
    Meat - €5-20/kg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

This should help. It's info for international students coming to UCD explaining likely costs of living in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

That UCD list is nonsense, the people who compiled it havent a clue

For a start, ya can easily find a room in a gaff for 290 a month. Mightnt be the best area, but still

400 per month on food? What are you doin, gettin mizzonis pizza every night? (i would if i could :D ) Yeah right, you can comfortably get by on between 5 and 8 quid. Me, i eat 4-5 quids worth of McDonalds (i.e two quarter pounders) and 1.50 of canteen food.

Haircut 15-35? Ha, i get mine for 6 quid in my local barbers. Stay out of Peter Poser Marks and yil do grand

75 per month on books etc? I pay about 7 per month on printing and get by fine

Its no wonder university students whine about having no money at the weekend if theyre payin 35 quid for haircuts, ****

• Advertisement
Advertisement