Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dark side of chimps

• 16-04-2005 9:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭

I watched this National Geographic program lst night. It was very disturbing to me. It showed how chimps will organize parties to go out and hunt other chimps for the sole purpose of murdering them . They showed very graphic scenes of 15 or 20 chimps beating to death other lone chimps from rival troops. Also how they will stalk and eat human children. It was scary in that they're so much like us. Just wondering if anyone had seen this before.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Yes have seen documentaries on chimps before, they will sometimes eat the chimp they kill also.
    Gone are the days when they were thought to be vegetarians, they will also hunt other monkeys etc.
    Just like other animals do.
    99% of our DNA and very much like us.

People hunt and kill chimps and eat them and sell their babies on the black market.
    http://www.monkeyworld.co.uk/main.php

I haven't seen that particulat documentarie but I'll keep an eye out for it, yes some do hunt and kill other animals and chimps but they are also capeable of great kindess and other acts similar to humans like tool use etc.

At least chimps usually have a genuine reason for attacking others us humans don't seem to need a genuine reason anymore :-(

Advertisement