Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'A Network Cable Is Unplugged' Problem

• 16-04-2005 10:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,
    I was wondering if any of you could help me with this. When i set up my broadband modem on my computer, i get a message instantly saying that a network cable is unplugged. Funnily enough when i actually unplug the modem the symbol on the task bar goes away.
    Also, If i set up 2 computer on a broadband connection, does it appear that it is coming from 1 IP Address or 2? Just wondering if my ISP will cut me off or charge double :)
    Any help would be great!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭stagolee

as far as the first bit goes there are many reasons why it might be saying network cable unplugged that just means that its not comunicating with the modem properly

you can set up more than one comp on your modem and you will not get charged extera i would reccomend you use a router like this one http://komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=121673&cks=SPK
    as it has a built in firewall

if you could provide more info on what way you have things set up we might be able to get to the bottom of the unplugged problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,981 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Are you using a USB connection, if so, install the drivers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Fandango

Yea, its a USB modem, half way through installing the drivers, the symbol on the task bar comes up with the message. I remember it happened when i was installing it on the first computer too but i got around it somehow. Unfortunately it was by trial and error so i cant remember what worked. Its a Zyxel modem on IOL BB if that helps. Cheers for the router suggestion, ill look into it.

Advertisement