Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hidden firewall??

• 16-04-2005 10:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭

just got a new dell xps during the week which came with Mcafee Security centre on it and i also have sygate personal firewall installed, but whenever i try to open some ports (btorrent) azureus still comes up with NAT error, i have checked that the windows firewall is turned off

i also tried turning bot of them off but still nat error

any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 105 ✭✭nutzboutstuff

How you connecting to the internet? Broadband, dialup, satellite??? Is it a modem or router you are going through??
    Its never a good idea to have two firewalls installed. Uninstall McAfee before installing anything else, and just disable XP SP2 firewall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Probably your router with firewall rules set.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

i have the breeze line from ibb so no router (i think)

mcafee came with the pc and i put sygate on as i used it on my old comp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

It sounds like, if your using one, a router problem, you need to forward that port, for details of how see
    www.portforward.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

the IBB box isn't a firewall/nat box, so it aint blocking ports. Its either the windows firewall, or one of the other software ones you have. Disable/uninstall all of em except the one you are comfortable using, and see if it works then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

yeap i gavve mcafee a good ole kicking, told it to pack its bags and its all working good now (i hope ;) )

Advertisement