Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Children of bodom

Options
  • 17-04-2005 12:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭

Is this band any good?
    i was thinking of getting one of their albums.
    And was wondering which one was best.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Static-SC

Great band.. I only have one album.. "Hate Crew Death Role" well worth getting... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

The first 3 albums are the best.

They're quite amazing live too, and I drank Alexi's vodka.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Im surprised he didnt twat you for that :P

Fantastic group, and sheer amazing live the energy they put out is amazing. Truely great group.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Im surprised he didnt twat you for that :P

Aye, but either he was too shocked, or that fact that I am MUCH bigger than him held him back. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Droogie

"Something Wild", the first album, is great...

"Hatebreeder" and "Hate Crew Deathroll" are class as well. They do a great cover of Slayer's "Silent Scream" on HCD, it's brillaint...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

They're good, and their musicianship is unquestionable, but to me all of their stuff is the same. I'm a fan of that style of metal but they're a bit too formulaic for me. Still, Silent Night, Bodom Night is a great song.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,586 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

One of my favourite bands. I have Hatebreeder, Follow The Reaper and Hate Crew Deathroll. Hatebreeder has some excellent songs, but they all begin to sound the same after a while. Follow the reaper hasnt many standout tracks, but is great but only as an album IMO. Sometimes a bit too many keyboards. Hate Crew Deathroll has one of my all time favourite songs, Needled 24/7. Never seen them live, but really want to

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭[CALIBUR]

I was just talking to someone last night about Children of bodom he said that new album is there best....

I need to hear that cover of Silent Scream it sounds cool..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭slssprite

One of the best bands in melodic death metal...Hatebreeder is my favourite.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

I only started listening to them 2 weeks ago and already I htink I've listened to them constantly since. Hate Me is a cool song. Quite a good few songs from Hatebreeder and Reaper are cool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

Follow the reaper and Something Wild are worth getting.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Aye, but either he was too shocked, or that fact that I am MUCH bigger than him held him back. ;)
    But your only 3 foot tall :p (not literally, comparitively speaking compared to myself. heh)

Superb band indeed, and phenomenal live, they really stole the show at bloodstock last year, worth seeing live definately.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭neGev

Yup, definately one of the better bands out there. I'd absolutely love to see them live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭funeral_forever

i have only heard a coulpe of songs like but from what i have heard they are pwetty ace x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Spoderman

Hatebreeder or Something Wild

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

aye Something Wild (The First Album) is my favourite, the live one Tokyo Warhearts is also a great one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Spoderman

Picked up the new EP a few weeks ago but it's pretty average. Video clip is funny

Try some Ensiferum if you like CoB.I recommend the Iron album.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭moonboy

ha. i got punched by a girl in a fight over a drumstick at C.O.B at bloodstock.
    she was big. and angry. very angry.

as a casual metal fan..id go for follow the reaper& hatebreeder..

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Have all of their albums. Great, great band.

• Advertisement

Ahah! Dathai you too have discoveed the joys of the mighty Ensiferum :0

Indeed Ronan, Ive gotten meh hands on an album or two of theirs Im quite the fan of them.

The first album aptly also named Ensiferum is my current favourite. Before the strom is a truely fantastic track on it. The intro is great. Hopefulyl will get to see them if I make it to Wacken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

The first album aptly also named Ensiferum is my current favourite. Before the strom is a truely fantastic track on it. The intro is great. Hopefulyl will get to see them if I make it to Wacken.

Ah yes, The Treacherous Gods track. I do prefer the self titled album. :)

Advertisement