Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Boards

• 17-04-2005 1:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭

ok ppl of cork, this board is extremely low on posts, we have to keep up the side and jazz things up abit- what do ye say???
    more posts about cork
    more b*tching bout the other counties
    more place recommendations and things to do...i dunno, t'wld be great to have a good cork board outside of ppls republic i think :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Yeah, I find people's republic a bit annoying. Now you just have to think of enticing topics for here to get people posting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

who cares about other counties? as an exile in UL all i get is people from counties from the bog taking the piss out of me coz im from Cork and cant wait to do a tommy tiernan impression and what have you, alll i have in reply is i come from a nice modern city and you come from some god forsaken hole in the midlands/connaught/the north and who cares that your gaa team might beat cork gaa teams this year if they play them, i dislike gaa im a cork city man!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

as an exile in UL

Ya with ya there:o
    Went out last night for a few and must admit havent been out in a few weeks and town was like a ghost town. Whats up with that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

What age are you, ten?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

t'wld be great to have a good cork board outside of ppls republic i think :confused:

I wouldn't call Proc the best to be honest. There are so many muppets there, and moderation is almost non-existent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

proc is just very clicky.. and really don't like anyone but their own regulars :rolleyes: Since I've moved to Dublin I've really learnt how much Cork has to offer, it's like a little community where everyone is so laid back and relaxed in comparison to life up here. Even the accent.. being served in a pub in Dublin it's like they're barking at you "What can I get yez?"
    I miss Cork!!!

Cork_girl wrote:
    proc is just very clicky.. and really don't like anyone but their own regulars :rolleyes:

Yeah I agree. Boards is much friendlier. The PROC website itself is an entertaining read, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I used be a regular on the PRC, but stay away most of the time now. Most of the thread just get hijacked by people pushing her own agenda the whole time.

That said, I have met up with them for their monthly sessions (not sure do they still happen), and have always had a great time. Some very nice people there. Funny as well that you actually know some of these people, but you dont realise as they are using a handle etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

plazzTT wrote:
    Yeah I agree. Boards is much friendlier.

TAKE THAT BACK! YOU SMELL!

...and so forth :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

gimmick wrote:
    I used be a regular on the PRC, but stay away most of the time now. Most of the thread just get hijacked by people pushing her own agenda the whole time.

That said, I have met up with them for their monthly sessions (not sure do they still happen), and have always had a great time. Some very nice people there. Funny as well that you actually know some of these people, but you dont realise as they are using a handle etc.

You should come to a Boards night out! they're soo much fun too!!

Everytime there has been one so far, Ive not been able to make it. Wouldnt mind a boards.ie night some time, though Im a strictly weekend night out only person.

6th of May.

It's the first Friday of every month, so it's the weekend! no excuses! - next one is Friday the 6th May... I expect to see you there!

And where are these Cork beers held?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

dahamsta wrote:
    6th of May.
    my birthday!!! :D but I have exams :mad:

plazzTT wrote:
    And where are these Cork beers held?
    We started in the Phoenix, and then:
    dahamsta wrote:
    Someone wanted to move on to a pub with a beer garden so we headed to Fionn Barra's for a munch at around 8:30, via one drink in the Exchange. The atmos was rubbish in Fionn Barra's so we went to Tom Barry's from there, and finally back down to the Quad.

adam

(I had forgotten the rest, and left after the exchange, so had to quote, lots of alcohol was consumed!)

I'll post about a venue during the week, but I don't see many options tbh. The Franciscan bg is great, but I've found people aren't inclined to travel. Same goes for Tom Barry's. Gateway bg is very small. What beer gardens are there in town? Long Island has tables outside (and lovely Old Fashioned's, depending on who's on), but that'll get packed very quickly.

adam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

dahamsta wrote:
    I'll post about a venue during the week, but I don't see many options tbh. The Franciscan bg is great, but I've found people aren't inclined to travel. Same goes for Tom Barry's. Gateway bg is very small. What beer gardens are there in town? Long Island has tables outside (and lovely Old Fashioned's, depending on who's on), but that'll get packed very quickly.

adam

The Franciscan is travelling??

It's across the road from the Gate ffs, it's hardly like it's out in Ballincollig! Are people unable to walk these days or somesuch? :p

nesf wrote:
    It's across the road from the Gate ffs, it's hardly like it's out in Ballincollig! Are people unable to walk these days or somesuch?
    It's a fair walk from the south of the city, and I'm pretty sure that's why some people are lax to go there.

• Advertisement

especially if you've been on the sherbert all night :D

Sky bar has a bg... or rather an outdoor alcohol consumption area. Not a patch on the Franciscan well though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

I just moved a dental appointment to make sure I'd be in tip-top shape for May 6!

Away on a buddies stag the very next morning. 6.50 flight to Amsterdam. Plus City are playing St Pats that night. Hate making excuses especially as people are making the effort to organise such evenings. Ill do my level best to go to the June installment!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

ok ppl of cork, this board is extremely low on posts, we have to keep up the side and jazz things up abit- what do ye say???
    more posts about cork
    more place recommendations and things to do...i dunno, t'wld be great to have a good cork board outside of ppls republic i think :confused:

Well as long as there isn't as much bitc.hing as People's Republic (would be kinda hard to top the hassle I got on there though) I'll post more on here. Even though I don't live in Cork anymore. How's the craic in Cork anyway?

^^^ European Capital of Culture this year you know! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

F@CKING COLLEGE AND EXAMS.
    Will be up to my t1ts in study then,have to make it June:mad:
    How many showed up at the last one?

Nukem

dahamsta wrote:

adam

I'm willing to do the walk anyway, so I think that those who can't be bothered just shouldn't go! It's not all that far at all, and worth it for the beergarden I think!

Nukem wrote:
    F@CKING COLLEGE AND EXAMS.
    Will be up to my t1ts in study then,have to make it June:mad:
    How many showed up at the last one?

Nukem

There was about 6 of us or so... (I think! I was drunk heh heh!)

ooh I'm so glad I don't have exams anymore!

• Advertisement

such hype... I'll have to actually motivate myself to attend this one

Advertisement