Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slow Network?

Options
  • 17-04-2005 1:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭

M'Kay. I have a netgear 54mb router which shares out Broadband to my pc and another laptop. Now when im downloading i get a good 160-190kbps which is great. Thing is, when i go to swap files or mess around on the opposite machine in "network places" i get unbearabley slow speeds, with files coping to the other machine at a measley 5 kb's. Most of the time, the swap fails altogether. Does anone have a reason for this? Am i doing something stupid.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

not sure what to think about this! The first thing that comes to mind is to degrament the pcs, check for viruses and spyware the usual suspects and see what happens then..

Advertisement