Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New internet connection - a bit wet behind the ears I am !!

• 17-04-2005 1:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

At the moment, we have a broadband account with IBB. It was set up roughly 18 months ago. My bf set up the account and as far as I know, it's a small business account that he has with them, cos he does some work from home, and we have a small LAN, through which I connect with my laptop. We've never had any significant problems(maybe this is because it is a small business account...!?)

I am tech-minded to a certain extent and in certain areas, but I don't know much about the latest developments etc. Before I met my bf years ago, I was using a modem. Since I've been with him, I've left all the techie stuff up to him.
    Anyway, here's my question. We are going through a break up now and when I have my own place, I want to get my own broadband account set up. I want to start looking into this now, and learning about what's "out there" etc.
    Problem is, I haven't a clue where to begin. I mean if I call up esat, IBB for eg and ask them about their products, they'll just try to rope me in to being a customer, and I've read some stories on this board about the really crap customer service etc. that some people have experienced.
    So where can I get impartial advice on which company to go with?
    Maybe one of you guys could recommend a company which you have had no problems with..?
    (Or maybe it would be best to learn all the jargon and make my own decision...could someone recommend any good resources/articles for newbies to the latest in internet technology, like myself? The only bit of jargon that I understand is "contention ratio". Sad I know!)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Undercoverguy

Go with IBB if they covery your area. SO far i've had no problems with them...... As of yet.

STAY AWAY FROM EIRCOM!!!!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Duplicate thread, Why ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement