Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantasy XI, the game of games...

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

Nice one! :) I kept getting errors on it...Then realised i was entering the wrong code! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Just a heads-up that Game on Henry's St. has some copies of FF XI going for €29.99 if anyone's still looking. Bought a copy myself, now just have to wait for a decent broadband service to move to/expand out to my area...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

does anyone know if this is playable on isdn 64k? i'd imagine it is as i can play counter strike source with a 70 ping.

i bought this game today but i have to update it which will take ages (going to bring pc to a mates house to update it).

Cremo wrote:
    i bought this game today but i have to update it which will take ages (going to bring pc to a mates house to update it).
    Glad I'm waiting 'til I get hooked up with broadband so...
    And excuse my ignorance but what is/are "ping"/"pings"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

It is the delay in milliseconds that is created by the dekays in connections etc...
    So a ping of 300 means that , I think , there would be a 3 second delay in you movements. I'm not to sure how exact that is, but a ping shouldnt be such an issue with final fantasy as it would be with a live action game such as CS

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭rcunning03

Cremo wrote:
    does anyone know if this is playable on isdn 64k? i'd imagine it is as i can play counter strike source with a 70 ping.

apparently it works with a 56k dial up connection, but even with bb your looking at about 5 to 6 hours download time

It is the delay in milliseconds that is created by the dekays in connections etc...
    So a ping of 300 means that , I think , there would be a 3 second delay in you movements. I'm not to sure how exact that is, but a ping shouldnt be such an issue with final fantasy as it would be with a live action game such as CS
    Ah, I see. Remember I used to have dreadful problems playing Diablo 2 LOD online because of the delays, you could be dead and not find out for another 15 seconds! :(
    Hopefully when I get broadband this will be fairly low.

it's in milliseconds so 1000 ping is 1 second.

started playing today on the ramuh server in bastok.

slowly getting the hang of it.

just to let you know the game itself is totally playable on isdn64k the connection thingy at the top right hand corner stays at 100% all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

Cremo wrote:
    it's in milliseconds so 1000 ping is 1 second.

<kicks myself> :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Niall - Dahlia

Hmm, with no need for a credit card I'm interested in picking this up now...

I've been playing Guild Wars for the last month, and although it's a great game and I'll be playing it for ages still because of the guild element, the longevity of the actual story and RPG element is short. Once you reach a certain level there really is nothing else to do...I'm so very tempted...damn!

Advertisement