Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Most Depressing Film EVER!!!???

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

madrab wrote:
    nope it was Dennis Quaid, that scene at the river...yep not a nice bit

For some reason I was thinking of "A Bright Shining Lie"

Don't ask why! Thats where I got Bill Paxton from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Dar

I'd have to say Grave of the Fireflies, an anime about two children in the aftermath of the bombing of Japan at the end of WWII. The best film i've ever seen and never want to watch again.

*Schindler's List comes a close second.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Lukas Moodysson's Lilya 4-ever.

I watched this last night and I think I'm still a bit traumatised. It's a film that forces you to see a very unpleasant aspect of the world and the worst thing is that you realise the same things and indeed probably far worse are happening to people like Lilya every day. It is a very well-made film however and I'd recommend watching it. Maybe it's good for people to get a "wake-up call" and realise there's more to life than shopping and insipid cheerfulness.

The DVD also had an hour-long interview with Moodysson and I was very impressed by him - he seems to be a very sincere person and has very interesting ideas about film and politics.

Advertisement