Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pierced people burn down houses!

Options
  • 17-04-2005 12:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭

Ok so i was in the pub last night and people were looking at me as if i go around burning down houses or beating old women?? Why do people have such a stereotype about people with piercings?? I got two scaffolds, a tragus piercing, tongue piercing and a lip piercing and just cause of this i must go home and listen to satanic music or something??! Granted i also have blue hair and wear purple pants but why are people so Conservative and biased? Im really pi*sed off cause of this?? :mad:

Anyone else agree or disagree or expierince the same,? dont say im alone with this pridicament??? :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

i know exactly what you mean, granted i avnt got any unusual piercings YET but i die my hair all sorts of colours usually hot pink and wear the most unusual clothes, when i go out old men and women look at me in disgust and some even cross the street to avoid me! As for people of my own age 17-ish they shout abuse at me in the streets!
    What the Hell!!!!????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭bonzai bob

ya smelly rockers!! bah!:D

I don't know though, i'd have the same piercings if i thought they would suit me.. Just forget about it, it's their problem not yours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭JoeKelly

Yea its terrible that these peoples minds cant comprehend different colour hair its totally alien! I reckon that they see something different and panic so as a natural reaction to panic they shout some non-sensical harassment! I know people will say you 'dont listen to those guys' or 'what other people think shouldn't matter' but quite honestly this is really getting me down i mean now and again its not worrying but when you get it every day just becomes really stressing and depressing! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭acri

oh god i hate scumbags... theyre only all high and mighty coz they hunt in packs. i wonder if they know the worlds laughing at them. yeah people are so feckin presumptuous (spelling!?). im gonna get my lip done this summer. how long does it take for the swelling to subside?

JoeKelly wrote:
    Yea its terrible that these peoples minds cant comprehend different colour hair its totally alien! I reckon that they see something different and panic so as a natural reaction to panic they shout some non-sensical harassment! I know people will say you 'dont listen to those guys' or 'what other people think shouldn't matter' but quite honestly this is really getting me down i mean now and again its not worrying but when you get it every day just becomes really stressing and depressing! :(

yeah, i think "ignore them" isnt great advice, but i think if you can tell yourself and prove to yourself that youre not what they think you are (them being, well, the public at large), you'll be fine. just remember that those that actually matter (friends etc.) dont think youre a big arsonist. not that everyone does, but you know the type that just to such conclusions on appearence. so yeah, dont beat yourself up over it. they know not of any intelligence or personality you possess

• Advertisement

as acri said scumbags are only "hard" and abusive when they're in a pack, whenever i meet some of them i used to be friends with on my own they're nice to me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭JoeKelly

acri wrote:
    im gonna get my lip done this summer. how long does it take for the swelling to subside?

Thanks for the advice guys! Think ill just have to join one of those african tribes that have those huge lip things sure they'll accept me! :D

Mine didn't swell a whole lot but iv got a pretty big lip anyway so didn't notice much difference! But iv had the lip about 2 weeks and its doing great now!This is goining a bit off the mark but anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

This happens to anybody who looks even remotely different - Scumbags all seem to belive that you should fit into "their" stereotype of people - I have 3" tall blonde spiked hair and the amount of sh!t i get over it is unreal - but at the end of the day its the way i want it so i dont care - personally i find that if you just laugh up in their faces they kinda get a little puzzled (not the reaction they expect and their little minds get all confused).

totally agree, Im a complete individualist and one among my many "mottos" os
    "Is it wrong to proud, when you stand out from the crowd?"
    Individualism is the best way to have it, dont be a sheep, dont blend in, be your own person!!!

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 159 ✭✭Drummer

Think that's bad. I did some merchandising jobs for a while and was pulled up about an eyebrow piercing i have. What a load of cobblers. I would love to have the balls to be as individual as the rest of you. [Is that a paradox ? - kind of the way punks dress the same as other punks so as to be individual] Anyway, thats another subject. Wish i was more individual, but i aint a Nike Air Max and Fred Perry type either.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

The up and coming scumbags are the funniest, they're only young so they don't have much nastiness in them, one time we were waiting in an esso queue and one of the girls had a music t-shirt and a spiked bracelet. The tracksuit kids start askin "so dya not git on wiyur ma?" "ar you dipressed?" etc

The up and coming scumbags are the funniest, they're only young so they don't have much nastiness in them

oh oh they have the nastiness here all right!!
    One day in the park with a few friends a group of about 8-10 year old scumbags chased us with homemade blow-torches!!! they had bought aerosols and lighters in Lidl and chased us with fire! we didn't even look at them! it was totally unprovoked! they set one girls hair on fire!!! We ran into a shop near the gard station and threatened to get the cops after them if they didn't go away and i refuse to repeat the reply we received!!!! and they stayed in the shop shouting abuse at us until we regained the energy to do another runner and eventually lost them on the other side of town!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭larryone

How many of them were there? How many of you were there?

there were four or five of each! but still nasty little buggers!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Le Rack wrote:
    oh oh they have the nastiness here all right!!
    One day in the park with a few friends a group of about 8-10 year old scumbags chased us with homemade blow-torches!!! they had bought aerosols and lighters in Lidl and chased us with fire! we didn't even look at them! it was totally unprovoked! they set one girls hair on fire!!! We ran into a shop near the gard station and threatened to get the cops after them if they didn't go away and i refuse to repeat the reply we received!!!! and they stayed in the shop shouting abuse at us until we regained the energy to do another runner and eventually lost them on the other side of town!!!

Jesus thats f**kin' crazy ! Cant say ive ever even seen anything as bad as that. What county did that happen in if you dont mind me askin ?

Wexford, not Wex town though.
    its scary and funny all at the same time cuz to think of a bunch of 17yr olds being chased by 10yrs with fire creates an amusing image but none the less it was bloody awful!

yeah, lil' scumbags are pretty bad. they know theyre protected by big scumbags. and theyre too young for you to hit them. i just resort to sprayin em in the crotch with water. scar em for life i say. but man the amount of hardcore bullyin that goes on now. mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

I generally look fairly average now (comes with the territory of my career) but in my early 20's I had an alternative semi-gothy look. I had lots of diiferent hair colours - red, orange, blue, purple, pink, green. And dressed my own way. I actually used to get quite a few compliments from strangers, like I'd be in a club and I'd have people come up and say "aren't you the girl with the green hair." (I guess I was the only one in Limerick, at the time anyway).

But there was generally a load of s**t from the knackers. I always found though, that I'd get the same few comments over and over again. So I'd just have stock answers ready.

The usual one was;
    Knacker: Heh-uh It's not Halloween
    Me: Then Why are you wearing that ugly fu**ing mask?

One time a guy said it to me and it was Halloween. Moron! :p

Advertisement