Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Painting a felt shed roof

Options
  • 17-04-2005 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭

What can I use to paint the roof of a garden shed ?.

The shed is quite a feature of the garden & originally had a black felt roof (or felt that had been painted black). I recently re-felted it in green, but it looks naff, so I need to get it back to black.

Anyone any ideas what I could use ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

Ruberoid Aluminium Paint Reduces heat build up
    What it does - Ruberoid Aluminium Paint provides a solar reflective coating to help protect built up roofing. The finish reduces surface temperatures in direct sunlight and so minimises blistering and ageing effects.

How you use it - Using a brush or roller, apply Ruberoid Aluminium Paint straight from the tin. Stir thoroughly before and during use. For maximum durability and reflectivity, two coats should be applied. Allow the first coat to dry thoroughly before applying the second.

How much do you need - Ruberoid Aluminium Paint covers about 6-8m² per litre per coat.

Available in - 5 litre and 25 litre tins

I think you could get this in most good DIY places.It might be under a different name but does same job.Finish will be in silver though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭rooferPete

Hi Andip,

I agree with the advice given by mad m if you want a roof that will reflect UV and extend the life of an already good roof.

If you must have black you can coat the roof with bitumen primer, being a mineral finish you will probably need two coats to cover it.

Or you can get black mineral finish and use that the next time you need the roof covered.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Isnt cut and paste sooo in these days! Ctrl c then Ctrl v people :D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

mad m wrote:
    Isnt cut and paste sooo in these days! Ctrl c then Ctrl v people :D

If you want the correct product info, go direct to the source.

kadman :D:D

• Advertisement

kadman wrote:
    If you want the correct product info, go direct to the source.

kadman :D:D

Boo boo,steal my lime light why dont you. :D

Advertisement