Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Designing Portal for phpBB forum

Options
  • 17-04-2005 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I'm in the process of building my first proper site. I'm using phpBB to run the site and using ezportal to display my content.... http://www.blazeskate.com It's a pretty basic setup. But what i wanted to do was redisgn the portal page.

This is my test site http://brian.coolinc.info/portal.php and this is how far i've got in redesigning it.

The code i have so far is
    <table width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="1" border="0" align="center">
      <tr>
    	<td valign="top" width="78%">
    		<!-- BEGIN welcome_text -->
    		<table width="100%" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1" border="0" class="forumline">
    		  <tr>
    			<td class="catHead" height="25"><span class="genmed"><b>{L_NAME_WELCOME}</b></span></td>
    		  </tr>
    		  <tr>
    			<td class="row1" align="left"><span class="gensmall" style="line-height:150%">{WELCOME_TEXT}<br />&nbsp;</span></td>
    		  </tr>
    		</table>

<!-- END welcome_text -->

<td valign="top" width="22%">

<form method="post" action="{S_LOGIN_ACTION}">
    	  <table width="100%" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1" border="0" class="forumline">
    	   <tr>
    		<td class="catHead" height="25"><span class="genmed"><b>{L_LOGIN}</b></span></td>
    	   </tr>
    	   <tr>
    		<td class="row1"><span class="gensmall" style="line-height=150%">
    <!-- BEGIN switch_user_logged_in -->
    			<div align="center"><br />{AVATAR_IMG}</div>
    			<br />{LAST_VISIT_DATE}<br /><br />
    			<a href="{U_SEARCH_NEW}" class="gensmall">{L_SEARCH_NEW}</a><br />
    		<!-- END switch_user_logged_in -->
    <!-- BEGIN switch_user_logged_out -->
    		<input type="hidden" name="redirect" value="{U_PORTAL}" />
    		{L_USERNAME}:<br /><input class="text" type="text" name="username" size="15" /><br />
    		{L_PASSWORD}:<br /><input class="text" type="password" name="password" size="15" /><br />
    		<input class="text" type="checkbox" name="autologin" />&nbsp;{L_REMEMBER_ME}<br/>
    		<input type="submit" class="mainoption" name="login" value="{L_LOGIN}" /><br /><br /><a href="{U_SEND_PASSWORD}">{L_SEND_PASSWORD}</a><br /><br />{L_REGISTER_NEW_ACCOUNT}<br />&nbsp;</span></td>
    	  <!-- END switch_user_logged_out --> 
    	</tr>
    	  </table>
    	</form>
    </br>

</td>
      </tr>
    </table>

The thing is ive tried and tired to get it to look like the image ive attached, but the blocks i keep adding keeping attaching themselves to the right.... if that makes sense.

Anyway, any direction at all would be very appreciated.

Thanks for your time!

Brian

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

You need to look at the css.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭brian_ire

I had a look at the css but for the life of me i can't see anything that would prevent me from achieving the design i have in my attachment. I should point out im still relatively new to this!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Ratchet

this red hurts my eyes

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭brian_ire

yes ive noticed this and thats why i plan on designing my own phpbb style, ur right tho it is ridiculously red

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

check out www.phpbbhacks.com they have advice on modding there

• Advertisement
Advertisement